1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana loses another shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoosier, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that Robert Turner passes away Sat. morning.

Mr. Robert C. Turner, Sr., age 66, of Hanover, Indiana, passed away on Saturday, April 6, 2013 at the Kentuckiana Medical Center in Clarksville, Indiana. He was born on March 12, 1947 in Madison, the son of Earl and Berneice L. (Eaglin) Turner.

Mr. Turner was a 1966 graduate of Madison Consolidated High School, entering the United States Marie Corp following school and serving during the Vietnam War. He formerly owned and operated Turner’s Body Shop, later known as Hanover Collision and Paint, in Hanover for forty years.

He was a member of the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, VFW Post #1969, Jefferson Post #9 American Legion, the Amateur Trap Association where he won several awards, and the Indian Creek Gun Club, where he was nominated to the Hall of Fame. He enjoyed fishing, hunting and trapshooting.

Survivors include his wife, the former Donna L. Lorton, to whom he was married on April 2, 1968 in Jacksonville, North Carolina while serving in the Marines; one son, Robert C. Turner, Jr. and his wife Traci of Deputy, Indiana; one brother, Thomas Turner and his wife, Jane of Madison; and five grandchildren: Marcus Turner, Hayley Turner, Robert C. Turner, III, Danielle Albert and Corrina Albert.

He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Carolyn “Midge” Frost.

The Reverend John Meyer will conduct funeral services at 11:00 AM Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at the Lytle Funeral Chapel, with interment to follow in the Indiana Veterans Memorial Cemetery where a detail from the United States Marine Corps will conduct military honors.

Friends and family may call at the Lytle Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 PM Monday, April 8, 2013 and from 10 to 11 AM Tuesday. The Rosary will be recited at 7:30 PM Monday at the funeral home.

The family requests memorial contributions be made to the Pope John PreSchool. Contribution envelopes are available at the funeral home

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Sorry to hear that. RIP

3. plaw

plaw Active Member

I have known Bob for over 25 yrs. He loved trapshooting,most of all Handicap. best of wishes to his family.

4. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Our condolences on the loss. Prayers for the Family

Bud

5. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

Sorry to hear that...I shot with him several times at Brush Creek.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Seemed too young. I saw his name and was just thinking about him the other day, so this comes as quite a shock.

RIP Bob.

7. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

Bob has now joined the Big Trap Shoot in the sky along with all who have passed before him,they are no longer in pain and suffering,shoot well. R.I.P. Bob,you will be missed Mike

8. Janet

Janet TS Member

Synpathy and prayers to friends and family of Robert Turner. R.I.P.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.