1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana Krieghoff Repair Man

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blade819, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Still looking for a Krieghoff repair facility but more specifically in Indiana. Shipping and insurance will kill ya so I want to be able to carry-in.

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Blade, try Jim Wiegand in Cloverdale. He is open to accept repairs on Friday and Saturdys.

Steve

3. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Let me start by saying I am from Indiana. Let me further state that I have had work done by Jim Wiggans in Cloverdale. I also currently have one Krieghoff and have had two others in the past two years.

One Krieghoff needed no repair. A second, when purchased , had non-same serial number barrels that were too tight for the receiver. Sent it to a "recognized" Krieghoff mechanic in the southeast ( not licensed nor trained by Krieghoff ). Did a fair job and cheaper than Dupont or Alamo . . . . . but I can't highly recommend the work.

That being said I have also had my Krieghoff worked on by DuPont and so have several friends. Their workmanship is outstanding, always correct with no corners cut, done in a timely manner, and completely guaranteed.

Not to take a cheap shot at you, but if you're shooting even a basic K80 or K5 you paid some pretty hefty bucks for the gun. I would suggest you are being penny wise and pound foolish about being concerned about the "shipping" costs if that's a primary factor in you consideration as to who to send the gun to. You didn't mention the problem or what you wanted to have done, but if its more than installing a new recoil pad, I suggest you send to a qualified/recognized Krieghoff location for repairs. It will be money well spent in the long run.

Best regards,

Noel

4. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Former Dupont/Krieghoff gunsmith Mike Young has purchased Alamo Sporting Arms in San Antonio Tx. I visited with him at the World skeet shoot and he did an annual on my K-80...

Krieghoff Intl will help you with where to get repairs..

ernie

5. blade819

Thanks for the info. Krieghoff in PA has a service facility. However, I was under the impression that there were Krieghoff trained Gunsmiths located throughout the country. I guess shipping from Indiana to PA won't be so bad after all.

blade819

6. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

PULL PULL

be kind

maybe it will be for sale ?

7. blade819

PULLPULL........ perhaps you should prowl the "political" threads if you cannot understand or appreciate a sincere question about Trap Shooting???

1) DuPont no longer repairs guns
    2) I did send it off to PA yesterday
    3) Thanks to those for the info.
    4) PULLPULL.......... maybe one day you will get a chance to meet me. I'll be in Ft. Wayne in 2 weeks.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.