1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

????INDIANA GUN CLUB???????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by coffee, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffee

coffee Member

Anyone out there that knows the scoop on this club and STEVE?? Today I had a friend drive down to find out it is CLOSED!!No GUNS,SUPPLIES,NO STEVE. The only thing he saw inside was one table.........Thanks COFFEE

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I talked to a fellow there today. They are waiting on licenses and such to go through. They were hoping things would be taken care of by the end of the month.

I hope so, they have a gun I want. :^)

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I called the one on the Indiana Gun Club site, with all the new and used goodies.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Veldon is retired and Steve is joining him for now, at least for the gun business. Veldon has moved back to Frontier and Phil is going to take over operation of IGC. Gun sales will resume when proper licenses are in hand. Registered shooting is in the plans for the third Sunday. The Smiths said they have NO plans to reopen Frontier for shooting.

5. Sonny

Sonny Member

6. GD

GD TS Member

up

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Frontier is not at Fortville but Roachdale. Only two or three people really know just what is going on but none of them are on this site . I have not ASK Veldon Smith as it,s none of my Business but we will know in time .

8. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I sure hope it opens back up, my Son and I go their 3 or 4 times a year for the weekend to shoot and trade guns , best place I ever went to shoot for fun , Only bad side is, it always cost me Money ( haha )...... Ricky

9. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

IGC remains open under a lease newly signed by Phil who has been there for quite some time.

Yes, the interior is currently completely devoid of guns for sale at this time.

Phil has applied for, but not yet received his FFL license,hence no guns on the floor. It is my understanding that Phil has purchased some guns from Steve to start with an initial inventory. He will also be carrying the Browning line of guns and accessories to include clothing. Gun inventory will be placed once the FFL is issue.

The club hours are the same as always. Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Practice trap, skeet and 5 stand. 25 round practice is $4.00 for members and $6.00 for non members. No registered targets.

He does have components for sale - last I heard shot is $27 per bag.

I am led to believe that a number of recent and not so recent changes had occured between Steve and the ITA including renotiated lease terms and Steve's loss of the shell house concession at the 2008 state trap shoot. I have also heard rumors that the ITA is considering moving the state shoot to Columbus,Indiana. This could most probably be confirmed or denied by the ITA Board.

The above issues may give rise to more speculation re: the departure of Steve from IGC, they would certainly seem to indicate the relationship may have become too strained to continue.

This is all speculation - certainly time may tell re: the actual circumstances of the management changeover.

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Just an update to this post.

I was just at IGC having a talk with Phil and in general saying hi. It does look a bit different without the guns, kinda like the state shoot without the lines, LOL. Lots of shooters there and everything is just like it was. Phil is going to update the look of the place a bit while it's empty. He still has a shells and reloading componets for sale at good prices.

Steve will be depleating his inventory via IGC, when Phil gets all of his paperwork in order, and a few gun shows. If there is a particular gun on the site that has peaked your intrest, let Phil know.

ec90t

11. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

So what are you trying to say Amboy, Is the Gun Club going to sell Guns again or Not ?

12. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I'm sorry EC90T instead of AMBOY

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Blakester,

Phil will have guns for sale, but it may be a couple of months before his paperwork is all done. All of the T's need to be crossed and I's dotted if you know what I mean.

ec90t

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Boy I hope Indiana is successful in turning the corner. What a great trapshooting state.

15. Duck

Duck Member

I've only bought gun's from Phil at IGC. I'd call or email and ask him to look them over for me. He would give his No Bull opinion and I'd buy!. His description's were alway's on the money and it's been my pleasure dealing with him!. When his FFL is in place I have no doubt he and the IGC will be Great!.

Don Snider

16. STS / NITRO 27

STS / NITRO 27 TS Member

I have purchased all my guns from steve and he is an upstanding guy that has always treated me fairly and honestly.It absolutely sucks to hear of all of this and i hope it all gets resolved.This gun club has been facing many challenges over the past few years by recieving lawsuites from all those high society neighbors building those high dollar homes.Wouldn't you think if you were building a house next to a gun club there would be noise!!! DUHHHH!!!!

17. Racerx

Racerx Member

I have a gun on lay away. Will this be a problem ?? Half of it is paid off. Is my gun held where ??? Thanks.

18. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

racerx, who did you buy the gun from? If Steve, then you need to contact him.

19. Racerx

Racerx Member

Thanks guys , I'll call Phil and find out .

20. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Phill is a class guy, great to hear he will keep IGC running soon.

Berettaman7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
indiana gun club guns for sale

indiana gun club inventory

steve smith indiana gun club
veldon smith indiana gun club