1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dickgshot, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Indiana state shoot is in progress at the club. Last year they closed down the store so I'm sure they did the same thing this year.

2. FredB

FredB Member

With regards to their firearms sales.....These guys take forever to respond and when they do they say someone will be in touch and never do follow up. Why is it so hard to include a picture or two with their guns it would cut down everyone having to beg to see what they are selling!

3. plaw

plaw Active Member

there Are only 2 full time employees there and if you go in person they are always covered up.so,i can imagine what its like on the phone.as we speak they are set up in a tent outside for business,as they have to give up the club house for the state shoot.

4. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

I think you need to cut them a little slack. They are in the midst of their State Trap shoot and very busy. I was there yesterday and they were forced to move their gun sales into a tent while the ITA took over the Club House through Sunday. The Guy you want to talk to is Rich Self and the number on his card is 317-485-6540 (not sure if that is the same as the club house). Anyway, if you can wait until late Sunday afternoon or next Wednesday, you might have better luck reaching them.

By the way, I agree it would help everyone if they could post some pictures on their website.

Scott

5. FredB

FredB Member

FYI If you're in the on-line business your essencially 7x24
    or you act that way by being responsive. Shoot or no shoot
    it should not make a difference. Next it will be gone fishing!

6. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

Give Phil and Indiana gun club a rest guys. The move everything out of there store and give it over to the ATA during the state shoot. They are working out of a tent next to the club. Only telephone is in the club.They are working from dawn to dark in an unairconditioned tent.Phil is the most honest guy I have ever delt with. On Wednesday give him a call durring buisness hours. He is not a hard man to talk to. Its pretty much a 2 man show at Indiana gun club. They sell ALOT of everthing. Phil is sometimes loading a ton of shot,or selling targets or componets.Overhead is low tow to get you a good price. You call Phil,he will give you an honest discription on any gun he has. Have you EVER heard anybody sat they got screwed at Indiana gun club by Phil? Theres a reason for that.Sorry if I went off on you.

7. rname

rname Member

They have to give the club house to the ITA as the ITA leases the club to them.

8. ACooper

ACooper Member

I have bought from Phil before. Very satisfied and will buy from him again.

9. dirk

dirk Member

Attended their shoot and it was an outstanding event. Give them a break.

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Considering the blighted ratty neighborhood the Indiana Gun Club is in I think they do a dam fine job. I would hate to have to go to that "hood" every day and try and make a living there. It's hard to answer the phone when most of your time is spent fighting the neighborhood gangs.

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

viperrt, You can only have so many liquor stores and strip joints before even a bad neighborhood like where the IGC is becomes oversaturated. So since another liquor store wasn't feasible they decided to sell guns there. Now they are stuck there, the neighborhood is blighted and they can't sell the property. Nobody wants it, because of the dilapidated housing down the road of the property. And like mentioned above - this week they were forced out of the clubhouse because of the state shoot and have been moved outside to a tent.

But even saying all of that - I agree with you somebody should of answered the phone.

12. Riverrunt

Riverrunt Member

Viperrt
    You have a pm
    John Harden / Indiana Gun Club

13. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

viperrt and bisi: several of your comments are way off base. you stated that you felt they must be either holding the state shoot or relinquishing the grounds and building to the ITA because it brings in more money for them. They don't have a choice - the ITA owns the facility and Phil leases it. I'm sure his lease states he must vacate the building during the week of the state shoot.

Perhaps it would help if Phil had put a message on the phone indicating they would be difficult to reach for certain dates. However, you act if someone pissed in your wheaties because you can't contact them (?) - or they haven't returned your call(s)in couple of days. If you're that dissatisfied with their customer service why not just ignore them. Instead - you choose to post negative comments on this forum. Pretty much over the top in my opinion. I can understand dissapointment or even frustration. But, what is the actual purpose of your post. Is it your goal to try to prevent other prospective gun buyers from dealing with them ?

Lastly, as has been mentioned, they have to operate in a severely challenged economic area with extraordinarily low property values. I'm assuming you are not located close to the club as you would have visited them already. I suggest you withhold any further comment until you either (1) do contact Phil or (2) are able to contact him and are unsatisfied with an acutal business transaction. So far all you've done is bitch about a "non-transaction."

14. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

These are some of the dumbest posts I've ever read. Bisi, have you ever actually been there? The only problem with the location of the club. it's that it's too nice. It's residential on a nice street, and close to shopping, and readily accessible to major highways.

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bisi, I know what you mean about that neighborhood. I lock my doors while driving through there.

I can tell some here simply have no idea how bad a place we're talking about.

(PS - you up for a late-night "TT Bar Run?" I figure with Black Expo in town, and the Zimmerman verdict reached...things could be interesting).

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, I'm filling the champagne bottles with gasoline now for the Molotov cocktails. I missed the Rodney King riots, I don't plan on missing em this time. Is 37 still construction free Btown to 465? I'll probably take that route.

dickgtax, have I been there? I could tell you the whore/horror stories but you wouldn't believe it anyway. You gotta believe it to see it. Your from Chitown, correct? Think Cabrni Green on steroids.

17. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

If the houses around the club are slums when can I move in.

1. Our club gets a lot of supplies from Phil he's always taken good care of us.

2. I've bought several guns from Phil and have always been satisfied.

3. I doubt few of you if any that are bitching could come close to doing the job the people at Indiana gun club do.

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I miss the old days when they had photos of the guns on their web site. I used to do busuness with them often but no longer use their web page. no photos, no sale

19. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

Yah,I'm glad I don't have to live in that hood. The house down the street belonged to Reggie Miller. Poor guy lost that house in his divorce. Can you believe they valued that shack at 3 million dollars ?

20. steele

steele TS Member

I was thinking of "passing the hat" during the shoot, to help the impoverished neighbors. To think people have to live like that, in this day & age. I hope to return next year, just so I can help the local economy.
    Butch from Pgh