1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana eye doctors...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by philk, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philk

philk Member

Anybody know of any shooting eye doctors in north Indiana ? Around Elkhart, South Bend, or Ft. Wayne areas.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I went to one in Indianapolis sseveral times but I believe he retired. There used to be a Dr Minder in Ft Wayne who was a shooting addict and he passed away also

3. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

It depends on what kind of medical care you need for your eyes but Eye Surgeons of Indiana in Indianapolis are among the best anywhere. The link to their website is posted above. Good luck!

4. t-bar

t-bar Member

I use Dr. Linnea Robbins-Winters. She is associated with Eye Care Assoc. of Michiana, located in South Bend on 17477 Generations Dr. South Bend. Her ph. is 574-287-0890. Highly recommend her.

bar

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Dr. David Huffman is a shooter. I believe his office is in Greenwood just south of Indianapolis.

6. philk

philk Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess what I`m looking for is an eye doctor that is familiar with the vision problems associated with the shooting sports, trap in particular, and doesn`t give you a disinterested or disgusting look when you tell them what you do for fun. Phil.

7. t-bar

t-bar Member

Phil,

Check out my previous post. She does know what trapshooting is.

bar

8. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Go see Andrew Davidson in Tipp City, Ohio. He is a good doctor. His dad was Lee Davidson., Winchester rep and good shot. Andy grew up in and around trapshooting and is a good shot himself, not to mention a fine person. Tipp Eye Center 937-667-1270.

9. philk

philk Member

I`ll be sure to look one of them up this winter, thanks, Phil.

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Big difference in an Eye Doctor and a Eye Surgeon I do know the difference . An Eye Doctor may not be what you need ??

I go to a Surgeon in Indy that is very good . So if it,s more then just Glasses let me know . Remember you only have two .

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Two of us went to Dr Davidson and he wasn't concerned at all that we were shooters and had shooting questions pertaining to our eyes, he couldn't get us done quick enough, I was disappointed.

12. philk

philk Member

No surgery needed, just need a good check vision. Seemed to have some problems this summer focusing in on targets, maybe it is time for prescrips. I am however really considering that laser blasting thing for eye floaters out in Virginia, those were getting to be very annoying this summer even on the rifle range benching in scopes.

13. philk

philk Member

I did pickup a Kiner eye exercsise cd and will be working on that this winter, the eyeballs just ain`t what they used to be. Phil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.