1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Lake Fish & Game 60 Bird Protection- Ohio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capnrico, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

[​IMG]

2. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

[​IMG]

More coming

3. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

[​IMG]

And yes, white targets!

4. gwdomi

gwdomi Member

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I'm still relatively new to this sport and especially the games side of it. Can you explain "long run forward", "long run reverse" and "second purse"?

rm

6. gwdomi

gwdomi Member

7. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

“Long Run Forward” is how many broken birds you run (break) from your 1st target on your 1st station until you miss. Say you break all your targets till you are on the 4th station and miss your second bird, your Long Run Forward or Long Run score is 16.

“Long Run Reverse” is how many broken birds you run (break) from your last target on your last station, to your lost target previous. Say you run all your targets from 1st target on 3rd station through the rest of your stations for that particular program (say it’s a 25 bird program), your Long Run Reverse score would be 15.

“Second Purse” awards prize money differently from “Lewis Class” as the money is spread out more evenly to better scores instead of having shot, somewhat, poorly and still winning prize money. Lewis Class you can have a poor score and still have a chance at winning some money over shooters that actually have a better score and receive no money. This also challenges “Sandbaggers” that may have had a competitive score, dropped a target (unintentionally) and drop additional targets (intentionally) to climb back into prize money in a Lewis Class Purse. The main object of Second Purse is to shoot your very best.

If anyone else has something to add, please do. If I was perfect, I’d have to charge extra.

RM, If this has not explained it well enough to you just come, bring lots of money and we will tell you when you win:) I am sure you will have a good time.

8. gwdomi

gwdomi Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.