1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Index Switch on PAT Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hivoltfl, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Had one of these go bad on our clubs machine today, what a freakin mess this creates, I know what parts I need, will get them on order first thing in the morning, any body dealt with this issue before that might have some insight to other things to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

2. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

Make sure you order the new upgraded parts. If it's the SW series don't buy the proximity switch buy the newer micro switch style with the new bracket (#4 switch)Then make sure you time it correctly or you'll have other problems like outlaw rights.This is actually the turett deactivator switch.
    If its the #3 switch (I beleive this is the one your having a problem with# 2 is on the same bracket)make sure you have newer one where the mounting bracket is a little curved.The curve is on the part of the bracket where the switch's mount,not where the bracket assemble mounts on the deck. I beleive the SW and G's are the same,G's have thumb screws for adjusting the arm instead of the allen heads,but could still be straight bracket.The newer brackets are expenses ($145.00) but are much easier to set up and adjust.When adjusting make sure the magnet's clear both #2&#3 by 1/16" or a little more.To close and the magnet will break the switches.
    I actually took and old style bracket and bent it using the new bracket as a template,saving it for a spare.You might want to try that before installing the newer bracket.
    Hope this helps,

Dennis

3. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Thanks Dennis, the bracket that holds the switch (plastic) broke and allowed the turret to spin without stopping, what a mess, will get upgrades and more help from PAT Trap.

Rick

4. setter

setter Member

Rick,

Sent a PM.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.