1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Independant health insurance

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 320090T, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Found out yesterday spouses are being kicked off employee insurance programs at my wifes work. I can't get back on my retired from employers insurance till next Octobers open enrollment.

Anyone have health insurance on your own? Where?

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I carried a single policy for 2 years while job hunting (was employed but no ins. offered)Bought it at e-insurance and carried a high deductable and was just catastrophic coverage, cost was about $70 month. Look into an HSA also.

Good luck!

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Is there a conversion policy available from the "wife's" insurance company? If you have been covered for a long enough time, they may have to offer you one without the need to go through the "qualification" process. It might be expensive, but it would allow coverage if you have any pre-existing conditions that would be exclused or rated for a private policy. You should also check to see what HIPAA regulations apply. Her comanies HR people should be able to help advise you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.