1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Increasing Attendance at shooting events?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by freindsofasc, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freindsofasc

freindsofasc TS Member

Just wondering if other people, groups or organizations have seen a decrease in the number of shooters at regular events? If so, maybe the reasons obviously ammo costs, fuel costs etc... may cause some to stay home, but what are your thoughts and ways to keep people shooting, and introduce new people to our sport?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Crack down on safety so people don't get shot to death in the club parking lots.

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Fix the Economy.

Don

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

This year our registered target count will be up over 500% from 2006. By example, we had 8 guys drive 100 miles+ to shoot with us on Saturday because the knew they would have a good time and get to shoot good targets.

We have 12 to 16 guys come out and shoot Wed. mornings because they have a good time and get to shoot good targets.

Get the drift?

5. Brian in Oregon

"This year our registered target count will be temporarily up over 500% from 2006. By example, we had 8 guys drive 100 miles+ to shoot with us on Saturday because the knew they knew fuel is going to $6 a gallon by Christmas, so this is the last summer they can afford to shoot."<br>
    <br>
    Fixed it for you.

6. freindsofasc

freindsofasc TS Member

I am relatively new to shotgunning in general, what does it take to establish registered shooting in laymens terms? I suppose I should try to track down a sanctioning body rule book.

I certainly agree having a great facility and good targets is essential but how do you define good targets? Speed, distance, consistency, inconsistency, variety (wobble)

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There's one thing that I haven't seen: car pooling. I wonder how many SUV are traveling to shoots with one or two passengers. The math is a little complicated, but if you have 4 people driving together instead of one, isn't that equivalent to $1 a gallon gas?

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Dated October 2006.

"This year our registered target count was 19,000 targets. We think this is pretty good and probably better than we will ever do because it looks like the Dems are going to get control of Congress and gas will be over $4.50 a gallon inside of 18 months."

There Brian I fixed it for you. lol

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Slow targets, naked women and cold beer....

All fixed now!

Curt

10. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

1. Great targets all set legal & the same.<br>
    2. Start on time & keep it moving.<br>
    3. Friendly attitudes.<br>
    4. Great food at reasonable prices.<br>
    5. Talk up your club at other shoots & ask people to come check it out.<br>
    6. Repeat step 1-5 every shoot.<br>
    Harv

11. Brian in Oregon

Gas over $4.50 a gallon within 18 months? I got news for you, it's over $4.65 a gallon at some highway marauder gas stations around here right now.

12. Brian in Oregon

Gas over $4.50 a gallon within 18 months? I got news for you, it's over $4.65 a gallon at some highway marauder gas stations around here right now.

13. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Hot naked score keepers,Ice cold beer after the shoot of course,and LOT'S of money to give away to us below average shooters. OH and you do need great targets also set by hot naked women lol.

14. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

new shooters is a problem for us. Main problem is the younger people say 25 and younger need now now now, my turn my turn, what do you do when waiting. Trap or shooting of any kind as my wife puts it, sucks until your on the line and pull'in triggers. long wait to do a short game.

15. otnot

otnot Active Member

Offer bigger prizes and more money and they will come!

16. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I can assure you from personal experience and study of shoots around 100 participants in my area, it's not prizes or money. Harv.

17. atashooter

atashooter Member

Inexpensive trophies, plaques, medals should do well.

18. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Take a tip from the ole AmWay company, if everyone who is a "regular" would invite just one other shooter to come with them, then that shooter turns around and invites one more shooter, then that shooter brings another shooter, etc...etc...etc...the pyramid would grow and so would attendance.When was the last time you invited someone to go shooting with you?

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Curt..No pizza or crabs??

20. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

It is down ... and it will stay down for a long time. It is getting far to expensive to support a family or even an individual to have any extra spare income which is what it takes to have a hobby.

It is a sign of our times ... get used to it and realize the sport will dwindle until a way is found to have an extra $100 in your pocket to spend on frivolous things instead of needing that money for diapers, milk or to keep the old lady happy with.

It is what it is ... and will be what it will be for longer than we want to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

attendance at shooting events