1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Incorrect Punch?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by timb99, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I think I got a full yard punch when I should have gotten a half yard.

At the Kansas State Handicap Championship event, I shot a 96, which was good enough to win my In-State yardage class.

The In-State event champion scored a 99, In-State runner up and 3rd place shot 98's, and 4th, 5th and 6th In-State shot 97's.

All the In-State yardage class winners shot 96's, including myself.

I started the day at 24.5 yards, but just now (yes, I know I should've checked when he was punching my card) I looked, and he punched me to 25.5 yards.

If I'm reading the earned yardage rules correctly, all I was due was a half-yard punch back to 25.

Am I correct, or am I missing something?

If I'm correct, and I should be at 25 and not 25.5, any suggestions for what I should do?

Tim

2. Ivabigun

Ivabigun TS Member

Just fill in the hole with the other hole punch when you repunch it to the 25.

Ok I don't know what the breaking point is for a yard for 4th place scores but it don't matter about the in state and out of state place for the trophy it only goes by score only for everyone as far as for punching purposes.

So you said a 99,98,97 then you with a 96 so you are the 4th palce punch and I doubt if the shoot had enough shooters to get a yard punch for 4th place ok I forgot even at the grand I forgot how much 4th place scores get punched at but if you got an ideal of the amount of shooters then you will know the real answer.

But myself I saw you got the automatic half yard punch for shooting the 96.

good shooting by the way.

Ivabigun!

3. Ivabigun

Ivabigun TS Member

Ok timb99 if there was 1,500 or more shooters in that event then you do deserve the 1 yard punch but anything less is only a automatic 1/2 yard.

This is from the A.T.A. rule book.

Ivabigun!

If you didn't have E. EARNED YARDAGE

1. Yardage will be automatically earned by shooters of high scores in all

ATA registered events, according to the following table. This additional

yardage is indicated by punches on the shooter’s Average Card.

EARNED YARDAGE TABLE

High Scores (and all ties)

Entries 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

15-39 1/2 yd

40-69 1 yd

70-124 1 yd 1/2 yd

125-249 1 yd 1 yd 1/2 yd

250-499 1 1/2 yd 1 yd 1/2 yd

500-1499 2 yds 1 1/2 yds 1 yd 1/2 yd

1500 and up 2 1/2 yds 2 yds 1 1/2 yds 1 yd

2. Any score of 96 will automatically earn 1/2 yard provided it does
    not earn at least that much under the earned yardage table. Any score
    of 50x50 or 75x75 in events of that length will automatically earn 1/2

4. mobear

mobear Member

Here is the yardage table from the rulebook, I would call your delegate and talk to him about it, unless the shooter number was over 1500.

EARNED YARDAGE TABLE
    High Scores (and all ties)
    Entries 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
    15-39 1/2 yd
    40-69 1 yd
    70-124 1 yd 1/2 yd
    125-249 1 yd 1 yd 1/2 yd
    250-499 1 1/2 yd 1 yd 1/2 yd
    500-1499 2 yds 1 1/2 yds 1 yd 1/2 yd
    1500 and up 2 1/2 yds 2 yds 1 1/2 yds 1 yd

5. Darla

Darla Member

According to Beccy's report on trapandfield.com in Elissa's notebook, there were 641 total shooters for the week. Is it possible you were punched for money? Over $750 will get you a yard. Darla

6. Ivabigun

Ivabigun TS Member

darla

Ok I don't know much about the money punch I did know if no yardage at all was issued for a score below a 96 and it was to win more than as you said the 750.00 amount then it might be possible for the money punch to take effect but since I don't really know much about this new rule then I ask is it possible to be punched futher back than the maxium that the A.T.A. already does for that score.

I know there is know ability but I wouldn't think it would be fair if someone won more than the 750.00 to get more than the max.

If I was betting I bet timb99 might have won less than that amount since the other high scores above him.

Ivabigun!

7. Darla

Darla Member

I'm a little fuzzy on this myself, but when it came up at our State Shoot John Norris told me that the shooter would receive the greatest punch. Timb99 would have gotten a 1/2 yard punch for his score, but if his winnings exceeded $750, then he would receive the greater 1 yard punch for winnings. Several people have told me that the money punch would stack on top of the score punch, but that's not the way the ATA office explained it to me. Mostly, I just hope it doesn't come up. LOL

When it did happen, though, the 3S program figured it correctly, and the printout reflects it as a winnings or score punch. Darla

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

If a shooter earns a 1/2 yard punch for score and during the same event, he earns a 1 yard punch for winning money, he would only be punched one yard. Not 1.5 yards.

Timb99- It is possible an error was made. Mistakes do happen. I suggest you contact your delegate.

Pat Ireland

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Actually, the first thing I did was go to the rule book and look at the earned yardage table, hence my question.

As far as I know, I didn't win any money. At least, nobody has given me any money.

And I didn't play the Lewis.

I just think he made an honest mistake.

Thanks for the help.

Tim

10. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Punches for a non winning score sucks. JMHO.

Jim

11. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Nytro,

there are differences between ATA and PITA earned yardage rules. The earlier posts were the ATA stuff and the information you posted regarding PITA is different.

Just an FYI.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.