1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Incidents of blurred vision after trap shooting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JTEA, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTEA

JTEA Member

Incidents of blurred vision after trap shooting?

Just curious about other shooters experience or stories regarding vision problems during / after trap shooting. I have a couple possible causes, have seen ophthalmologist, scheduled MRI and made appointment at Wills Eye Institute. Experienced double image in right (dominant) eye after ~ 75 targets; then 60, then 33, then 15 targets; in successive weeks (4 week period). Cleared up overnight / 3 hours later following the 15 targets. Thorough eye exam showed 20/20 x 20/25; no other problems - age 55.

Any thoughts, relevant stories appreciated.

Thanks, JT

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Don't worry about that. I'm 61 years old, I have blurred vision before, during & after shooting. Heck, even my dreams are blurred!
    Colonel

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

only when I drink a lot of alcohol. :eek:

tony

4. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Have you had your A1C checked lately? I am a diabetic and experience all kinds of strange vision occurences including double vision. The targets rearely look the same from the start of a 100 bird event to the finish. JRM

5. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I used to clean my lenses with a spray cleaner and polisher. I would start to get blurry vision. Since I stopped using the stuff, I have been fine. Hope this helps. Bruce

6. JTEA

JTEA Member

Hi Jay,
    No, not a lens problem, no correction needed. Possibly a nerve issue. In the last outing my right eye vision doubled in 7 minutes - after 15 targets.

thanks for reply's, will watch for more.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The problem could be recoil related. Try shooting a gun with little or no recoil and see if the problem goes away. HMB

8. JTEA

JTEA Member

They're going to check for detached retina, didn't appear (to them) to be torn. I have shot an unsingle Beretta with low recoil for almost two years. Had Dynokics before that, which are very low recoil. Shot deer and geese this year with those heavy loads, but never noticed any problems back then.
    Used to shoot more targets, but I had considered setting up a padded comb if I get the OK.

Thanks for input, Joel

9. thunder

thunder Active Member

I used to get headaches after shooting 100 handicap targets. I beleive the cause was mashing down too hard on the comb, my opinion. Went to Precision Fit Stock with some down pitch in it, since then no problem.

Good Luck and let us know what you find out.

Andy

10. JTEA

JTEA Member

thanks doggai

11. abiezer

abiezer Guest

Take the machine off doubles,
    and put it back on singles..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.