1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Inaugural ATA/NRA Coach Clinic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by McD, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McD

McD TS Member

"The first-ever ATA coach’s clinic is going to be on April 14-15 at the National Shooting Complex at San Antonio. This will be a two-day course and has been designed by the NRA. After completing this course, you will become an official coach of the ATA, NRA and SCTP. This class is the only one of its kind to allow you to have credentials fulfilling the ATA and SCTP requirements! Plus you will officially hold the NRA’s 3-year certification as a NRA coach and will qualify for the NRA’s liability insurance. The cost for the clinic is $125.00 and you can pre-register by emailing Stacey Hodkey at shodkey@shootata.com You can pay for the class in advance or when you arrive at the class. All travel arrangements must be made by the individual."

I would like to personally extend an invitation to my fellow ATA shooters to come to the SW Grand and participate in this class. This offering is the inaugural Coach Clinic of a new program to give our youth shooters the advantage of trained coaches for competitive shooting teams. You can contact me at wing_rock@cox.net for additional information or to sign up contact Stacey Hodkey at shodkey@shootata.com. Thank you Mr. Neil Winston for being the first participant to sign up! Hope to see alot of interested coaches in San Antonio! Jim McDiffett, Proud ATA member and National Coach Development Staff Trainer.

2. McD

McD TS Member

Thanks to all who have emailed for class information. It has been sent. I received an email from registration that Neil Winston was the first to sign up! Tom Arvas and several others from the ATA leadership ranks are to follow. Also have had several SCTP coaches inquiring. Don't let the competition get ahead of your team. Sign up as soon as you can. If you have any further questions feel free to email me. See you in San Antonio, Jim.

3. McD

McD TS Member

As intersted shooters continue to email me for information on this class I find a couple of questions are the most common. #1 Question seems to be "how long is the class?" Answer: It will start promptly at 8:00 AM and run until 5:30 +or- both days. This has been of concern for several of the folks I've been contacted by who are desiring to have time to shoot practice each day to warm-up for the SW Grand. With the time change this coming weekend that will be easily done. #2 Question, "Will there be food available on site for lunch?" Answer: At last report the possibility of lunches being provided was being checked in to. If you would have a special dietary concern or if you would prefer to stay on your pre-shoot diet please feel free to bring your preferred foods. Vendors should be on site as well. Keep your emails coming if you have any additional questions that I can be of help to you in your decision to be a participant in this first ATA/NRA Coach Clinic.
    See you in San Antonio! Jim McDiffett

4. McD

McD TS Member

An additional question has arisen. "Will the NRA Coach Clinic that has been delivered the last couple of years by the National Coach Development Staff be accepted by the ATA as recipricol training?" As of this afternoon when I talked with HQ Moody, National Coach Trainer that would a YES to the question. The certification is the NRA Shotgun Level 1 Coach. I hope that helps you make your decision. Remember the beauty of this class is that you can step out of the class and participate in one of the best events in the nation. See you in San Antonio, Jim McDiffett

5. McD

McD TS Member

Seats are still available in the San Antonio ATA/NRA Coach Clinic. If your are undecided try this. Go to your local trap club today and think how much better it would be with a competitive youth team to keep our sport young enjoying themselves with your help! Have a great weekend. McD

6. dhull

dhull TS Member

Jim

14th & 15th will be spent driving to San Antonio. Are there any other dates and locarions scheduled?

Dave

7. McD

McD TS Member

Dave-
    At this time the plan is to try a delivery at few of the satellite grands. I asked this past Friday and as of that time there were no firm dates yet. The ATA and the NRA are working on those dates and will announce them as soon as they are set. I will be shooting the 16th & 17th only as the office has my schedule fairly tight if I am to make these other clinics happen. Hope to see you in one of the future clinics. Travel safely, Jim.

8. McD

McD TS Member

The ATA/NRA Coach Clinic scheduled for April 14th & 15th at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio is starting to generate interest from the ranks of ATA shooters. While this class is designated as a trap specific course for your coach credentials it will be covering the other disciplines of Skeet, Sporting Clays and the International games. To be a better coach an understanding of the games is needed. This will be provided through written materials and discussion to give the coach the tools needed to advance your shooter's competition goals. Contact Stacey shodkey@shootata.com at the ATA Home Office to sign up. You can contact me, Jim McDiffett, direct at wing_rock@cox.net if you have specific questions on this delivery. Hope to see you in San Antonio in April and your team at Sparta in August! Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.