1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

In the trapshooting doldrums

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

After taking a few lessons and seeing my game improve to where I average in the 20s, suddenly, I cannot hit the broad side of a barn and have shot some pretty miserable scores. I wonder if it's part of the small sublities of the sport that, if not careful, can make you miss. I guess it's called not concentrating or overconfidence. Well, back to the drawing boards with some more lessons... Still love to shoot!!

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

winter weather, snow? glare? heavy coats, cold hands?? If yes to all, just have funn and wait for spring!!

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Frank, You are thinking too much. Remember what you learned and shoot. What you are going thru is common you will come out of it. Bill

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Taking a break from it often helps me.

5. Crickets

Crickets Member

had the same thing happen to me last 2 weeks. couldn't get comfortable, couldn't stand right, couldn't keep up with the target felt like I was shooting for the 1st time with a gun i never picked up before. I think i started a bad habit or 2 a few weeks back, cant figure out what it is, but nothing felt right, the more i thought about it the worse it got. Taking a month off to refocus. I hope it helps. If not i might have to start shooting Skeet

6. Franktri

Franktri Member

Thanks for the encouragement, guys..

7. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

If you are shooting in the colder climates You may be doing yourself more harm than good by shooting in coats, gloves ext as another poster observed.

It isn't that long till spring hopefully.

Reload lot of shells during this down time and shoot free when the weather breaks.

Works for me.

ed.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Cold weather shooting should be fun and throw away the importance on average. Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.