1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

in the eyes of the beholder...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by spitter, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Prairie State
    Reading and posting to another thread, the subject of safe gun handling was discussed and I had a conversation I wanted to relay...

A gentleman came in to my store and as I was inquirying about his clay shooting experience in the area, he mentioned a past shooting experience at my range (5-6 years ago) where he was confronted "multiple times" by "old crusty shooters" who attempted to correct issues with his gun handling... and he thought they were being unfriendly, so he never came back.

I proceeded to mention that we're still public and he immediately starts in by saying, how he admired us for still dealing with the public and all the craziness we must encounter... I expand on that by discussing the challenges I face on a daily basis, and he adds in that all it take is one person to screw things up - this from a guy who apparently exhibited poor handling, but thought he was the safest guy on the trap field - taking exception to my guys trying to correct HIS poor behavior.

Now have I missed this guy?! No. Will he come back to visit?! Probably, because I was nice to him.

My point is, BE SAFE OUT THERE... some folks just can't see what they're doing!

best regards,

2. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Nice one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.