1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IN the eye of the storm

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I have lived in N Ga for 16 years but today I was scared because the storm in Ga that killed a few folks today and did lots of damage in N Ga was barreling down 2miles from our home. We were in the direct path of two tornadoes. When the eye of the storm was 2 miles away it had to cross a lake to hit our area. When it hit that lake it lessened in strength and veered to the North of our home. We had taken our dogs the guns and what valuables we could store in the basement under our stairs,. We prayed for Gods protection and he really blessed our entire area. In many places very close to our home, they had 3 inch hail and high winds. We escaped thank God. So to top it all off I won our little pot match this am before all this started. The weather kept most of the shooters at home but early am it was beautiful at the club. Shot a 93 but did it the hard way. First 25 missed 5 shooting my O/U. Worst score in 4 years. Got pissed pulled out my mod 12 and hit 73 out of the next 75. So it was a very exciting day and very thankful for all our blessings. BTW first prize was a big 4.00 bucks. I LOVED IT

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I'd put that four bucks in a frame..a heck of a reminder of what the day brought!

3. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Glad you're OK! My parents were caught once in Fl. during a Tornado. They say it's a sound you never forget. I'd do what Big Jack suggested and frame it!

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

where in N Ga?? i live in Buford 22yrs belong to CGC usually pull on trap 3 for reg.shoots. if you have shot there we may know each other??? ross

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

i live around Augusta, and the storm has me living in a motel room,hopefully just one night.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.