1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

in search of my favorite hooch...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Slugo, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

101 has just risen to the top of my list. Tasting notes (in my own words) dark amber color, thick with great legs. Sun dried raisins, honey, walnuts, toffee, vanilla, hot cinnamon, brown sugar, black cherry, lots of rye, etc. The nose is the best with a finish that goes to the state line. 101 proof means much better flavor, and if you add a teaspoon of filtered water the flavors explode like the 4th of July. Rated 90 points plus by a number of credible drunks. Seriously, the 101 is definitely worth a try...

[​IMG]

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

"raisins, honey, walnuts, toffee, vanilla, hot cinnamon, brown sugar, black cherry"

Does it taste like whiskey or one of those umbrella drinks? Sounds like something my wife would like.

3. oz

oz Active Member

What does a pink elephant taste/smell like?

4. Slugo

Slugo Member

boys, why don't you just go back to your aluminum canned Coors Light. More your style anyway. Oh wait, maybe you should try a Pabst Blue Ribbon! LOLOL...

PS: Don't forget to watch your favorite NASCAR driver...

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

slugo:

'Raisins, honey, walnuts, toffee, vanilla, hot cinnamon, brown sugar, and black cherry' are the essence of cheap scented candles - not a man's drink. What you left off the list is what every midwest farm kid knows. Bourbon smells like that rotting corn spilled next to the grain bin.

Drink whatever turns you on.

sissy : )

6. Slugo

Slugo Member

Recoil Sissy, you got me laughing so hard, part of my breakfast sandwich is on the keyboard!!!

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

There's better for the money, Try some Elijah Craig 12 year old or Jim beam black.
    I even like Rebel Yell Reserve, J Weller is a great wheaty bourbon that won't break the bank.

Wild Turkey is also owned by a French co.

8. Slugo

Slugo Member

Elijah Craig 12 year old is the same price as WT101, and is an excellent bourbon. Jim Beam Black is panther piss just like all of their products. Owned by the French, who cares...

9. schneep

schneep Member

Knob Creek or Makers Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.