1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

In-line Pictures in a Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

This is adapted from one of Neil Winston's posts. Type only what it says:

type: the less than character

type: 'img src'

type: the equal sign

type: a quotation mark. This is the double quote, not the single quote. It is one keypress

paste the URL of the page where you've put the image

type: another double quote mark

type: the greater than symbol

put a blank line above and below your inline reference and you're done.

Test line 1

[​IMG]

Test line 2

[​IMG]

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<center>[​IMG]</img></center>

Morgan

3. joe kuhn

Capt. How did you escape so that you could show what to type? Don't know much html.

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I use a little utility called "Faststone Screen Capture". It captures any segment of any image on the screen.

I typed the code and the rest of the post into Windows Notepad then used Faststone to outline and capture it. I saved it to "My Pictures" and uploaded that to Photobucket so I could link to it for the post.

Morgan

5. joe kuhn

It's tricky to do it in text. I tried with the 'plaintext' tags and wrecked this thread and had to ask David to fix it. The 'pre' (preformatted) tags won't work either. David mentioned the apersand lt; sequence at the beginning and ampersand gt; sequence at the end, but the editor will translate the sequences to the less than and greater than symbols and you'll have to revert them before saving - but at least you won't wreck a thread like I did. Couldn't even edit the thread. Raw html was all that showed.

6. joe kuhn

Good point about the closing tag. Wish the 'plaintext' tags worked. Here's the whole thing in text just to be sure.

[​IMG]</img>

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I tried with the 'plaintext' tags and wrecked this thread and had to ask David to fix it. ... Couldn't even edit the thread. Raw html was all that showed."

I wrecked a thread some time ago trying to use a technique I learned years ago when HTML and DHTML coding could be a little loose and still render properly. David had to bail me out of that one, too. He probably wishes people would quit messing around with code!

Morgan

8. joe kuhn

Yeah. Speaking of messing around with the code - looks like you turned the color to red and forgot to turn it back to black. Hah!

9. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Oops! Stuck a quotation mark inside the font closing tag.

Morgan

10. joe kuhn

There you go. Points us towards HTML editors, eh?

11. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

<center>Pic test using this info:</></center>
    <center><a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v460/jbmich/?action=view&current=sunsetinholland.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a></center>
    <COLO
    <center>SUNSET ON LAKE MICHIGAN</></center>

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I actually figured out how to copy and paste last week after failing for 5 years (not to quick on the uptake, me).....might try it again when I want to sell something....

13. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

What you type about the picture will appear where you type it; type it before you insert the picture code and it appears above the picture. Type it after the code and it appears below the picture. If you want a little vertical space between the picture and the text, add a couple of breaks, <br> ,for each empty line you want. Two usually looks good.

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.