1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IN HONOR OF EARTH DAY I DID???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

In honor of EARTH DAY I cut a tree and mowed the flower bed. How about you all?

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

We have quite a few fireworks left over, I thought it would be fitting ;^), then at least 200 rounds of targets, I think I'll get some mistletoe out of the attic and tie it on the barrel.

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

I read the morning newspaper from Phoenix,Arizona!!! The same as I do every morning!!! On Sundays,,the paper weighs about as much as a small dog,,,and the rest of time it is substantial!!!! And------its WASTE MATERIAL!!! Very few people recycle overall,,,and most of every copy,,every day of the year,,ends up at the l
    Landfill!!!!

And then,,,,we wait for the next edition of Phoenix's Idea of Phone Books!!! They come in a big bag at your doorstep,,,4 to 6 books each one about 4 inches thick,,,and about 5 million names,,and tens of thousands of business ads!! These also end their journey at the Landfill!!!!!

The idea of "we",,,"us",,, celebrating the way we have cared for this planet,,and its bounty,,,is Laughable!!!!!!

It will be as laughable as celebrating the 4th of July AFTER you lose your 2nd amemdment rights!!!!

There can be no mistake about it,,,WE as a citizen of this planet have made a "negative impact" on-it!!!

As people,,,,We are PIGS,,pure and simple!!! If religious reasons and religious wars has killed the most people on a historic basis,,,,then surely,,,the sickness we carry in and on our own bodies comes in a close second!!

In truth,,,Over history,,,the one thing essential in the survival and growth of a nation is,,and always has been,,,Survival and growth cones to those that use their "land/mineral resources" wisely,,,,,the ability to feed many people from a small portion of land is part of it,,,adapting to the areas climate and surrounding is another....

What it all means is----------"don't shit yer own nest"!!!! But we have,,and continue too........

AKA Grammie..................

4. C1

C1 Member

Wrote a letter to the editor about the environmentalists not cleaning up their old e-day site leaving a bunch of plastic barrels around to pollute the land. Also mentioned al gore's massive electric bill. These e-day do-gooders are some of the most hypocritical people on the earth.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I am known as the recycling NAZI in my household.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Only humans are so smug as to think EVERYTHING that happens to planet Earth is a result of something they did....there have been periods od global warming before and we WILL have another ice age. Do you think there could be a corelation between the fact that in 1900 there was 2 Billion people on planet earth and now there are 6.5+Billion and the food producing resources and infrastructure to suuport them?

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    There was a special Earth Day recycling project going on at the local city hall. They were taking in old computers, monitors, printers and fax machines. I took a truckload of stuff in, because it would have cost me a small fortune to get rid of it at the dump.<br>
    <br>
    As far as planting trees and plants, I don't need a special day for that. We've re-landscaped the back yard, and are constantly replanting it.

8. Mac V

Mac V Guest

In honor of Earth Day, I added 12.5 pounds of refined lead and 200 pieces of environmentally UNfriendly plastic to the ecosystem.

Mike

9. smartass

smartass TS Member

I donated some greenhouse gas (methane) to the atmosphere and it sure felt good.

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

i used my shotgun to relocate 7.031lbs. of lead at Mumford sportsmans club. i also reunited with my friend Dave, and had the pleasure of meeting his lovely wife Judy. we all shot on the same squad. Judy beat me. Had a wonderful time. didn't even know it was earth day.

brett d.

11. melie

melie Guest

Here, in beautiful Maine, a wind power project was proposed that
    could have powered several thousand homes.
    It would have been built on an unoccupied moutain ridge.
    Guess who fought and killed it? The ENVIRONMENTALISTS!! They said it would
    spoil the view.
    Go figure........

Mark

12. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

i ate baked beans all day and let em fly!!!!

13. trap-pr

trap-pr Member

We planted some cherry and blueberry bushes.

(After we shot some trap, of course!)

Pam and Ron

14. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

Thanks Grammie for laying it out like it is. I usally try to plant some wildlife cover at the farm, but this week have been building gates for a Rails to Trails project. I then went to the gun club and wired up a pump for a new latteral system we had to install, to take care of another benign fact of too many people on the planet. John

15. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I went to church and prayed that we had no more "religious" wars that killed millions of people. I told them to settle down, and don't start no more wars.

And...I planted a food plot today so I can shoot those "land /mineral" resources when dove season starts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.