1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

In Honor of Amerigo Pagliaroli

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 25 nout, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 25 nout

25 nout TS Member

Just a thought at this time. Many of us in our shooting career crossed paths with as I knew him as the Remington Man, Amerigo Pagliaroli. Over 5000 views on just one trapshooters.com post can only mean we were interested in this man & his passing. So here is what I would like to get some of you to view & hopefully support. At this year's Grand, August 6, 2010 is Remington Day. All 3 events ar sponsored by Remington. Wouldn't it be a sincere gesture to have Remington or some other sponsor produce a special trophy in honor of this man for each event & futher more name the events in his honor. Or would it be too much to ask to have a Bank of traps named for him? This may bring out some shooters who are on the edge of attending the Grand or not. Who knows this may promote more shooters attending the Grand as they might be encouraged to attend something in his honor. For this passed friend I know I would! Let's see where this goes!!!
    Larry Grenevicki

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who could argue with that great idea.

Ed Yanchok

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

One trophy to the shooter of all three events with the combined high score. Shoot off for ties.

Great idea Larry!

Bet it's hotter here in NC than Florida?

Scott

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Good ideas...How bout an induction into the Hall of Fame? Can't think of anybody
    who was a better representative and promoter of our sport, and a good shooter too. puablo

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

6. 25 nout

25 nout TS Member

Scott,
    91 to 92 strong wind.

7. 25 nout

25 nout TS Member

Log on & post something, see if we can get some ones attention with a large number of postings.

8. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Amerigo was a great man & His love for trapshooting & trapshooters was a big part of his life.....Larry I think you brought up a great idea, lets see if the powers to be feel the same as we do........Pete

9. rem32lady

rem32lady Member

I sincerely hope that all of the above will happen for Amerigo. He certainly deserves all the respect and honor possible.

Deb Vendel

10. AACT

AACT TS Member

When I did the original post on Amerigo's passing, all I could write was that one line. Forewarned he was in serious trouble, never the less, when it happened, I was at a loss for words.

I thought he always took care of his CT shooter, but it didn't take long to realize it was everybody. His personality could light up a clubhouse,restaurant, or trap line. Rosemary, his daughter is a lot like him.

Amerigo's induction into The H of F is a given. Re-read some of the posts. His family will appreciate this great honor, but with no malice, the H of f missed the boat. He should have been inducted ten years ago, much the same as Dick Baldwin.

I was there when Amerigo was inducted into The Connecticut Hall of Fame in 1996. All the Remington brass, ATA VP's and a house full of people from all over the country were there."Cat Fish" Hunter was one of th espeakers. (Remington duck hunter 1st, Yankee 2nd).Amerigo had the time of his shooting life. We missed the opporttunity to honor him nationally. Dam! He would have enjoyed that.

I chair the CTA H of F and have been accused of inducting candidates early. I take the heat and smile cordially. If you chair your H of
    f, I hope this will speed up your process to honor the men and women who have done so much for the game we play.

Edward S. Hale
    Chairman, CTA Hall of Fame
    83-01199

11. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

12. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

This is a great idea..

Did not know or ever met the man but I sure wish that I did.

Read his obit. in trap and field and it sounds like he led quite a life.

Memorial shoots are a GREAT thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.