1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

In Case Anyone Cares ( I doubt it)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hank Cross, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

At 80, after 68 years of competition, it's time to change my screen name to: Doddering Old Fool. Will be shooting tomorrow.

Hank Cross

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I care old buddy,..go get'em and show'em what an old dude can do!!

3. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I care! And though we have never met (my loss) I am sure you are not a doddering old fool. I am 63 and had the great pleasure to spend time with older people (now I am one) when I was growing up. Several of these men were WWII vets and all had a lot of living behind them. Many are still me heroes! Any kid that dosen't spend time with old people is missing out on lessons that will guide their lives in a positive way and miss stories that are classics.
    Give'em hell!!!

4. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

It should probably be "wiserthanmost."

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Lets see Hank.. You've probably helped more people than some of us have ever met.. You coach many younger shooters.. You've paid a price I hope we never have to meet.. and you're a great guy to boot.. The only cross in you is your last name.. You're one of the great people I've had the pleasure of speaking to over the years.. Don't change a thing.. You've got alot of fans out here that love you just the way you are.. All Good.. Mike

6. neofight

neofight TS Member

Hey, Mr. Cross............
    neofight_2010_010413.jpg

7. VietVet

VietVet TS Member

I'm just a kid at 69, but agree that I learned lots more from 'old fossils' than from most young 'uns.

Remember, old age and treachery will overcome youth and inexperience every time!

And God Bless every military vet, regardless of which conflict they served in!

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'm just hopein' that able to shoot when I reach the young age of 80. Go get'em!

ss

9. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

I start working on 70 this year with over 44 years ,PITA , I stiil enjoy the old timers ,sadly we've been seening them leave us ,,,MX8Dave ,,, Glad you're still doing it ,,,

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

This picture was taken of the Doddering Old Fool at the 2008 South Carolina State Shoot. He is the fellow on post 2 and with a pair in the air...

FRedmon

11. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I'm also working on the top side of 70 this year, and HOPE I'm still shooting at 80.--CONGRATULATIONS & show them young-uns no mercy. (young-uns does not include the kids & newbees just the 30-40-50-yr. olds) (GRIN) Ross Puls

12. capulona

capulona TS Member

Sir, you can call yourself whatever you please - thank you for sharing!

13. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

To One of my Favorite People......Break em all Dr. Hank!! Have fun and good luck!

Sue

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Look at that stance and the way he's got that blunder-buss locked in? Is dodderin mean the same thing as a clay crusher? :)

Freddy already spilled the beans on ya Hank!! To those other guys standin around watching Hank smoke targets, good luck to you guys also, yer gonna need all the luck ya can muster to beat the clay crusher!

Keep lurin them in Hank and the best of luck to you also!!! Maybe they lost his birth cert too? :)

Hap

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You can call me the young Curmudgeon...I would consider it a treat to meet you and better yet to take the line as one of your squad mates ...take care and I will try to meet up with you once I'm up and about

16. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

I am overwhelmed. Never expected this response. In the picture above, the lady is my wife Barbara and our pooch. She will give me a quick review of evry bird I miss ( that pair probably hit the ground ).

Thanks again and good shooting.

Hank Cross

17. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

if you're enjoying what you're doing, you are just one of us!

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

What a neat thread. I will turn 69 this year and now I feel like I am 20 again LOL. What a great bunch of people who care about each other.. Only in America

19. dverna

dverna Active Member

A lot of guys die to stop shooting. Kudos to you sir!!

Have fun while we can.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.