1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IMUS FIRED FOR A GOOD REASON

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trap72, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap72

trap72 Member

SMILE!

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Todays MSNBC POLL

Should CBS and MSNBC have fired Don Imus? * 16382 responses
    Yes
    29%
    No
    66%
    Not sure
    4.1%
    Not a scientific survey. Click to learn more. Results may not total 100% due to rounding.

He'll be back somewhere

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

He was only fired due to sponsership loss. There was no malice to what he said or how he said it. It was a figure of speach all of us have heard. It was not a premeditated comment. It came out. Sure it may not be appropriate, just can't see it as the big issue it has turned out to be. These issues are always one way. They are always made one way.

I am a parent of a white female college soccer player. Yes the comment would have pissed me off. But not to the point where I would need rehab or to take 3 days off from work to go protest. I'm of Italian decent, I've never heard any slurs???? Lets get real.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Hmmm, got a couple nibbles there. Better chum a little more.

HM

5. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

In my area our TV station did a poll also. It came out to 33% for the firing and 67% saying he should not have been fired. It sounds like those who helped on the firing were running scared because they were scared of the blacks.

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

ALWAYS A ONE SIDED ISSUE.

7. Frank C

The good Revs and their followers have plenty of spending power....but they are spending OUR money!!!

8. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

The blacks on spring brake us to go to Va Beach and called it Greek Week. Va Beach got tired of their crap, their trash, their disrespect, their trashing anything anywhere and just tearing up the place. The business people in Va Beach just decided to call the police in and start raising hell them selves. They did and some what forced them out of the town by not renting rooms to them and cracking down on them for anything they could. The black groups yelled and yelled loudly. Saying that they are going to BOYCOT Va Beach. Guess what, Va Beach was happy as hell with the BOYCOT. They city was cleaner, quieter and more peacefull. The boycot went no where. HA HA HA HA. This was in the 80's.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

All things considered, the only way someone would be "justified" to say what he said would be if they were either drunk or overmedicated. What the hell was he thinking? I guess he wasn't.

10. Old Man

Old Man TS Member

I never paid any attention to this Imus thing because he is just one of the many entertainers with a dirty mouth. He (and I hope others like him from the other side) deserved what money he had earned in the past and the firing last week. What really bothered me is this cowboy thing that he's been projecting. I worked with real cowboys in Montana when I was young. For Imus to carry on with this cowboy image really piss me off.

old man (tom)

11. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I use to deliver pizza's for some time to make ends meet. I went to a hotel that was not ranked low in hotels. I would have to say it was a 8, 10 being the best. The hotel had a group of religous blacks there for a conference. Anyway they started to order pizza and we all who went there took the elevators and stairs. In the halls, stair wells and elevators were chicken bones and tubs and food boxes all over the place. They would eat as they walked and then toss the bones to the floor anywhere they were. They were in a GOOD HOTEL and still acted like it was a dump.

12. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Imus got the spotlight due to a bad news day. Nothing else happining so the two jerks with no job got news time. To listen to some of the Blacks respond is more racisist than what he said. It is true that in Americia only whites are racisist. Just listen to the blacks and you will hear the truth. My MULE! Jake

13. alpine

alpine TS Member

Because the Rev. Al and his brother Jesse said we should. And we all know that they are the moral compass we should follow.

Right?

14. ChairborneRanger

ChairborneRanger Member

I'm not a big-time fan of Imus, however, that said, I view his dismissal as nothing more that a public lynching for the sake of political correctness.

15. bgf

bgf Active Member

Who will REALLY get hurt?

More then likely the kids with cancer that come to his 4000 acre ranch and stay in his 14000 sq. ft. hacienda. They learn all about ranching and handling animals. Some have never been on a horse or fed chickens.

I am not a fan of Imus, and think he went over the line with his comment, but I defend his right to say it. But, by the same token, be ready for the consequences.

I am really sick and tired of this PC double standard BS.

The timing is interesting in that it diffused the Duke Lacrosse issue.

Which of these items does one think was more damaging to the directed individuals? Rutgers or Duke players? Would you like to be labeled a "nappy headed ho" or a "rapist"?

Bernie

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Media should be ashamed for prpetuating this stupidity.

They think they know what sells, and their content shows how they feel about the viewers.

Time for some letters to the sponsors of the news channels.

HM

17. Frank C

stay with it.........

A man goes to a public golf course. He approaches the man behind the counter in the pro shop and says, "I would like 18 holes of golf and a caddie."

The man behind the counter says, "The 18 holes of golf is no problem, but
    all of the caddies are out on the course. What I will do for you is this: We
    just received 8 brand new robot golf caddies. If you're willing to take one
    with you out on the course and come back and tell me how well It works, your round of golf is on me today."

The golfer obviously accepted the man's offer. He approached the first tee,
    looked at the fairway and said to himself, "I think my driver will do the
    job."

"The robot caddie turned to the man and said, "No sir. Use your 3 wood. A
    driver is far too much club for this hole."

Hesitantly, the golfer pulled out his 3 wood, made good contact with the
    ball, and the ball landed about 10 feet to the right front of the hole on the
    green.

The golfer, delighted, turned to the robot and thanked him for his
    assistance.

As the golfer pulled out his putter he said, "I think this green is gonna
    break left to right."

The robot then again spoke up and said, "No sir. I do believe this green
    will break right to left".

Thinking about the last time the robot corrected his prediction, he decided
    again to listen to the machine. He made his putt and birdied the hole thanks
    to the robot and his advice. But his luck didn't end there. His entire game
    was the best game he ever played, thanks to the assistance of the new robot golf caddie. Upon returning to the clubhouse, the man behind the counter asked, "How was your game?"

The golfer stated, "It was, by far, the BEST game I ever played. Thank you
    very much for letting me take one of your robots. See you next week.

A week passed, and excited, the golfer returned to the pro shop. Upon
    entering, he turned to the man behind the counter and said, "I would like 18 holes of golf and one of those robot golf caddies, please."

The gentleman from behind the counter turned to the man and said, "Well the 18 holes is no problem. However, we had to get rid of the robots. We had too many complaints."

Confused, the golfer cried, COMPLAINTS? Who in the heck could've complained about those robots? They were incredible"

The man sighed and said, "Well, it wasn't their performance. It was that
    they were made of shiny silver metal, and the sun reflecting off them was
    blinding to other golfers on the fairway."

The golfer said, "So then why didn't you just paint them black?"

The man nodded sadly and replied, "We did. Then four of 'em didn't show
    Up for work, two filed for welfare, and the other two robbed the pro shop."

18. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Just think how lucky us white folks are! We are the only group of folks that can be slandered, called names, and made fun of by all the other races with no repercussions to them at all.

Adios (practicing my Tex-mex talk for my future job interview)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.