1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Impressive Caps @ Tucson

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scott Johnson, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Anyone see the cap scores for the Tucson Fall shoot, 6 handicap events, Sean Hawley shot an 98.67 average with scores of 98-99-99-100-97-99. Now I "could" be wrong, but that sir is some mighty fine 27 yard scores, My hat goes off to you Sean, congrats on some impressive scores. Scott

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

A few years back when I was shooting more, I had a stretch just like that.

....oh, that was handicap?... nevermind.

I'd say Mr Hawley has it figured out.

3. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

While RickN may not keep up with Mr. Hawley, it wasn't long ago that you sure didn't want to bet against him on the 27 yard line. A few years back at the MN state shoot, I watched his last 25 when he broke 100 from the fence. I think that was the same day he was inducted into the MN HOF.

He could still do it, but has slowed down his shooting lately. Get back into it, Rick!

4. Scott Johnson

congrats Rickn. Scott

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have shot similar scores, then I woke up. LOL

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Who won the shootoff between Sean and Pete? I see they were tied in one of the Caps.

Rick in MT

7. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Flip......Pete....

8. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

When you have that many great shooters in one place it's not hard to find great scores. Lots of people are capable of hitting them all and someone will shine on any given day. I have never taken a field and wasn't expecting myself to run them all, however it doesn't work out that way most of the time. We did have wind and dark skies for some of the shoot but all in all it was a great shoot. Tuscon Trap & Skeet Club did a wonderful job and provided a great experience for all of us.

Pete Martin won in a flip for the main handicap (No Shoot off) and I was the guy who bought himself in the Calcutta and only shot a 94 for all the marbles. Lucky for me I was paired with Pete and he shot a 99 for the top score with Sean. I didn't have any idea who he was but met him afterwards. He is a great guy and shooter and we are blessed to have such a generous and caring family as the Martins who believe in giving back to a sport they love too. Many thanks Pete.

Duane Nicholson

9. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

thanks Rich, and Duane you hit it right on the head. The Martins are a great family.

Rick in MT

10. Scott Johnson

The Martins and Craig Hart have done an impressive amount to promote ATA, they have showed us all about committment and leadership promoting a sport we all love and are addicted too. And they put on a heck of a good shoot or two in Vernal every year
    and they are lucky to have a shooter of Sean Hawleys caliber to manage it(with Stacy's help). Scott

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Sean was on fire for sure, congratulations for his dandy handicap performances!!

Most shooters would have had a tough time beating Sean's handicap scores from the 16 yard line, includin myself and I didn't either!!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.