1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Impressions on J&P Recoil spring 1100?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Anchorsteam, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Can anyone comment on a full J&P Spring kit or the recoil spring kit for the 1100???

2. Santo101979

Santo101979 TS Member

I just bought the kit for the 1100. I'm see many springs and seals, etc in the shop at work and these look great. Those guys at J&P are also really great to do business with. However, I did not think about what it would actually take to install the Hammer Spring and the Firing pin spring. The existing Hammer spring and firing pin springs in my 1100 work just fine. Taking that into mind as well as the difficulty of installing the two springs, I'll likely not install them unless one of the existing springs breaks.

However, the action spring was a snap to install. It does give a better feel to the action. I noticed that my original spring was slightly shorter and thinner.The J&P action spring is nice.

IMO, if I had it to do over again I would likely just do the action spring. However, if you need to replace the other springs, I say go for it.

Good Luck

Dan

3. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Quick service and quality products, take the time to figure out how to install hammer spring, in my 1100 it was quite a difference

4. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...thanks for the inputs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.