1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Impressed with the MX3 Special

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

I used one of my friends 34" Full, MX3 Special last week and to say I was impressed is an understatement. Now I can see why so many shoot this gun and Perazzi's.
    A very fast gun. I was breaking targets much quicker and started laughing when after 5 in row they were all smoke balls. Now I suppose I need to look for one.

Question is: What Perazzi barrels with fit the special (models)? I'm aware there is a difference from the regular MX3 to the special. What price am I looking at for the MX3 Special vs the MX3.

thanks for any imput

Bob

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Bob.... There is a genuine shortage of nice MX-3 Specials due to just the experience you had with one. Most MX-3 Special owners are reluctant to part with theirs. I searched for a long time to come up with an unaltered, factory original MX-3 Special Combo with 34/32 barrels. I was fortunate to find one on this site from "Toofast", and paid him $5800 for the gun and was happy to get it for that. It was way beyond an average MX-3 Special. I have a close friend that just ran across another one that is in excellent condition and has the O/U barrels done by Wilkinson. The wood is about average, has a small dent in the O/U rib, but, other than that, it's nice. Was also in the $5000 range. Any type 4 barrel will work on the MX3 Special receiver. Be aware that the MX3 and MX3 Specials have a slightly higher rib than the rest of the MX8 style guns. It has been my experience that the MX3 will sell for around $1000 less than the MX-3 Special in a combo configuration. The Mx3 also shoots the top barrel first while the MX3 special shoots the bottom barrel first.... There is, indeed, a cult following when it comes to the MX3 Special. I'm very happy with mine....... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

Bob, what's an old sporting clays shooter like you going to do with an MX-3 Spec. John Becky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.