1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Impressed with Grand American Trap Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RLC323, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I was very impressed with the Grand trap help this year, they were very well trained and knowledgeable. I heard the same comments from other shooters as well.

The best part was that the bank supervisors went out between rounds to retrieve the target loaders for their break. There was no waiting for the scorer to go out, no asking if the loader was staying in, and no loader popping up when we were getting ready to shoot. All of it was done safely and efficently with no lost time.

Target setting crew did a great job, resets were quick and courteous, and if a speaker quit they were there fast to fix it.

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

They did a very nice job.

3. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

Cant wait for that cold pepsi. Thanks for letting me shoot with you Kevin

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

What banks were you shooting on? We were on 22-23 W-S and never saw a super, he was in the covered wagon and she was under the tent reading a book. Scorer had to go get the loader every time. The kids were not taught to shut off the speakers at all or they just didn't want to. I counted 27 extra targets thrown on the squad before us on Friday's handicap. Now, the gal on bank three was no rookie, she did a good job and was out there watching what was going on.

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Kevin. It was fun to see shoot those great scores. Looking forward to the next time we can shoot together. Maybe we will get up to Chilli next month for Dale's shoot, and I can pay off there. R

6. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

My squad shot banks 3, 5, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 22, and 24 at least once and all were great. The trap help are not lazy and do their jobs. Trap mechanics were never far. It was a very-well run shoot

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Wel I guess overall it was a well ran shoot maybe 320090t didn't fair as well so was it the trap help or not that was the outcome of any score there.

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Foggy, I shot well, the targets were great as well as the weather. The scorers were all excellent and the shoot went well. My only criticism are they should have used all 27 banks and the field supers should have been more attentive. After all, that is what they got paid to do.

9. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Howdy y'all,

The trap help was very good as a whole(we did have a mumbler/late lost kid((was never really sure what he said))but.......a very well run shoot.It was a blast!! We were truly blessed with the beautiful weather,,but,I bet it was hotter than hell up Ohio way..............YUKYUKYUK

D.P.Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.