1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

impossible shots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by federal paper, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

wednesday nite outdoor channel, jerry brakes balloon at 300 yards upside down j frame. truly amazing. guy brakes aspirin tablet with rifle from 30 yards. am i missing something here. excuse the typing, don't get along with computer well.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Time+money+ability= success

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's easy when you can control the flight of the bullet using brain waves. HMB

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I'm missing something too. An aspirin tablet from 30 yards? You mean 300?

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

He threw it up in the air, Wayne. There was a history channel story on sharpshooters last week, and Tom Knapp (the shotgun exhibition shooter) did it several times with a .22 rifle. It also showed Jerry Michelik emptying his revolver in under a second, with six or eight hits. The story was a little hokey, but it was still interesting to watch.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Instinctive shooting is a good show. If you practice enough you know where the bullet will strike without aiming consciously.

I read a how to years ago. You put a dowel in the barrel of your pistol, about 30 inches long. Then you have someone toss an oil can into the air about 3 feet from you, and you poke it with the dowel.

From there you wean yourself down to an orange juece container, and start using bullets. Eventually you can hit the juice can every time from 20- 30 feet, and you are on your way.

Ammo manufacturers love it.

HM

7. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

how about the 13 yr old kid from tenn. shooting quarters ,dimes , and pennies with a .22 pretty impressive youngster. he was on the show tuesday.

8. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The aspirin is pretty easy......I saw guys shooting BBs one day.the trick is that you have to throw it, if someone else throws it the difficulty level skyrockets.

Just like hitting BBs with a ball bat. if someone else throws them, hitting them is just dumb luck. if you throw them up yourself any one can do it.

Notice that Knapp throws his own birds.....I can't even throw them like he does, but see my point.

Your eyes and brain are a very exotic fire control system......most of us never master letting it do it's work, we think we are smarter than it is.

"BE NICE"

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

In the "Quick Kill" program in Army basic training in 1967, we had guys who had never shot a gun before hitting thrown discs with the sightless Daisy BB guns. I was an experienced shooter of thrown targets with a rifle before I went into the Army, so I thought I would be the top shooter. It didn't happen that way. I reached my limit when we got to dime sized targets, yet other shooters with less experience than I had were able to progress to the dime sized discs. None of this stuff is impossible. Ed McGivern was the most famous revolver speed shooter before the new guy, can't think of his name.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Jerry Michulek is the guy. Truly amazing shooter with all manner of firearms. His speed and accuracy with revolvers surpasses even McGivern. He is also a real ambassador to our shooting sports who makes time to help the average joes improve their game.

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Tron hit it on the head, time for practice and the money to buy amo and some skill and you too can do all that trick stuff!

12. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

Tom Knapp said on one of his early shows that it's harder to throw the birds than it is to shoot them. Exhibition shooters are fun to watch and their skills are amazing.

Joe

13. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I often wonder how many "takes" it takes to get the footage for the show. At least Byron Ferguson misses once in a while. Met him at the Deer Classic a couple years ago. Friendly, easy going, genuinely nice guy.

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

shot a skunk once from the top step of my tractor.....100 yds or so...open sights with a Ruger Mark 1 pistol....he was waddling away from me, tractor was vibrating a bit....pure $hithouse luck!

15. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

8bore.....that also changed my attitude about BB gun accuracy.....when I saw those Daisy's......I was ROGLMAO.......Then the NCOIC asked if I had any extra salt tablets....HeHe....I started to pay attention real quick.

16. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

Savage99Stan- I watched Tom Knapp on two different occassions, live. The first time he never missed. The second time he didn't miss either but the wind was blowing so bad he couldn't get the hand thrown birds to cooperate for the 7-8-9 bird shot, or what ever he was up to at that time.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

aspirin at 30 yards

aspirin tablet at 30 yards