1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

imported hulls, primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by colt 1911, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colt 1911

colt 1911 TS Member

has anyone tested the different primers for imported hulls for better ignition?(over sized primers to fit larger primer hole) RIO brand primers seem to be colder than Winchester (which need to be glued in) any comments on the other brands.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What kind of glue are you using? HMB

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

I reload imported "Eurotrash" hulls exclusively. Use the Noble sport and Rio primers without problems. There are various sources of reloading data. I am currently using the Noblesport data to reload their hulls.

What do you want to know?

Tom

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Nice cast.

Glued in primers. LOL

Don Verna

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Do you think he uses Elmers Glue or maybe rubber cement? HMB

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

HMB,

Has to be Elmer Fudd Glue. You wascally wabbit. You can steal it from the grandkids. Using rubber cement is too expensive unless loading the good stuff.

OK. It is a slow day. Enough is enough.

Don Verna

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Guys... you may laugh but there is a product called primer sealant that is used to seal primers. I personally believe he is making thinks hard when the easiest solution is to use one of the larger european primers that are made for the hull. I am not married to Winchester primers.... it appears that this guy may be.

TB

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I just tack weld them. Steel head cases and steel primer cups. No problem!:) Used primers work fine. Less noise during the loading process!

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Like Tom, I also prefer Eurotrash hulls and Rio primers. Load 'em once and toss 'em. Many tens of thousands shot and zero problems.

I am now working on a 55 gal barrel of Diana hulls. The Claybuster 12S0 clone propelled by Solo 1000 behind one ounce of 7 1/2's at 1250 fps works great.

For Bunker, a little more Solo and the same wad behind 24 grams of good shot gets the job done very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.