1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Thread on Trapshooters.com

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

There is a great thread on this site that always remains the third from the top when you log on. I think many readers miss it. If you open the thread entitled "Contact Your Senator/Representative" you can quickly link to your representatives e-mail and send them a note about how you feel they are doing their jobs. They want to get feed back, even if it is critical.

I know that some who read this post will want to write a note to their Senator but will not because they don't think they can write very well. Don't worry about that. I was talking with my congressman (Rick Boucher) and the topic of letters sent to him came up. Rick mentioned that he gets several lengthy, well written letters from professionals, but the ones he really pays attention to are the short notes, with a couple of words misspelled and several grammar errors. He believes these come from the common people and he wants to keep in touch with them. It is easy for a Congressman to talk with business leaders and professionals. It is very difficult for them to talk with working men and they want to do that. You can make a difference.

Pat Ireland

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

We here in Delaware are very unique in that the state is small and we quite abit of interaction with our elected officials (Federal & State levels). As you indicated, well thought out correspondence is always accepted no matter the grammar and/or spelling mistakes.

A few years ago we had a law passed that protected the existing gun clubs from closure by encroachment of new housing and businesses. Not one legislator balked at the bill as it was presented in an intelligent and well thought out manner. As a side note, most of the backers of the bill were democrats and signed into law by a democratic governor.

Pat....good post.

Curt - Delaware

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Deer Congress Man,

What do you plan to do about the high cost of shooting trap? No one cares about the little man no more, just buisness, and lobbyest. An another thing the immigrants is out of hand. One of these here ilegals doesn't care if he takes away a job from a man that needs that money to shoot trap. Just where is his next taco coming from. I know I repasent the atitudes of many shooters on trapshooters dot com, an they is just like me to, so i need ansers please?

Your frind,

H. B. Trapshooter

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

Buzzgun judging by your mis spelled werds and poor grammar it is obvious you are practicing for yur next letter to yur congressman, us little poor working class guys gotta be herd ya know.....

Pat if you seriously think any Senator or Congress man/woman gives two turds about anyone other than themselves and lining their own pockets then you are seriously naive.....

come to think of it...maybe you're one of them...

regards

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Buzzgun, can I copy your post above and send it to my congressman? If Pat is right then my congressman will really set up and notice that email.

Bisi

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Thanks Pat. All these years on here and I have ignored that line thinking that my lone opinion didnt matter on little bit to a Congress person.

Now, If I could just get the ATA to listen to this one small voice about my "lost" scores I might start shooting registered targets again. We all pay taxesto support a Govt that at times doesnt support us because it is the law. We dont have to pay dues to support an organization that shows its thanks by turning a deaf ear to a problem created by poor record keeping.

7. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Thanks Pat, just wrote my Sen Casey, told him notto panic and join the left extremists over tragedies on campuses and endorse new guns. I let him know that the guy he replaced (Rick Santorium)was a rubber stamp for the radical right having a bill in 2000 to end Social Security for those weren't 55 at the time. It would not have affected me, however many of my friends and others would be. I told him his loyality belongs to his constituents and not political party... Mike

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Unfortunately things have changed in the past few years in regards to communications with Congress. Because of the anthrax scare that shut down the Hart Senate Office building a while back, physical mail gets much tighter screening than before, and this screening can cause long delays. If I need to get a physical letter to my Senators or Congressman now, I either have our Washington representative hand carry it to the office, or submit it through the local office. More often I send it electronically as an email attachment, or just send the information in the body of an email message. A phone call to a staffer is often useful too, although most of you won't be on a first-name basis with the staffer as I often am because of my job.

9. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Chuckles, for what it's worth, they do listen. If more people (unlike you) would take the time to write their congresman, mayor, senator or what have you I really think they would have a different outlook. Trouble is most just set and whine......................Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.