1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT: A members contribution

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Juno, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juno

Juno TS Member

I once posted on how this place means the world to a lot of folks here. Some wake up here, and some go to sleep here as well. Why I bet that at some time one of us will probably die while either reading, creating, or responding to a thread here on TS.com. It seems that the person who frequently sells guns, or repairs them, or the person who many have deemed the most knowledgable is the person who is everyones "pet" here. I know I have been here shy of a year, but I'm still an acting, appreciative member of this forum, so I say this: There is a reason everyone is here. Everyone is here wheather it be the fact that they shoot or used to shoot trap or skeet, or possibly a loved one was a shooter at some time. I'll also be the first to hollar and say "hey, I don't know a hell of a lot about guns and I haven't been to a trap club in some time", but my father was a great shot. I was at a trap club every weekend and usually every wednesday for many years. Getting back on track. I think many here need to look beyond the matter of someones post and see a person for what they are, and sometimes what they themselves may not even know they are. (A person with appreciation for trapshooting and trapshooters)! Because when it boils down to it, I don't care if your name is Neil, Pat, Whiz, Brian, Big Don, MIA, mengwe, Tron, Booger, JBrooks or for that matter even Newbius, everyone and I mean everyone is in this same catagory. Though very different indeed, we are all very much alike. So, live and let live. If a gentleman wants to tell an innocent joke, let him tell it. For gosh sakes don't trash him to the point that he feels terrible about logging on to TS.life

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Last Sunday, we had an elder member pass away during our Church service.

There were lamentations by some of the folks, but the old gal loved the Church and probably would have wanted to pass away there.

I have no doubt some of us could think of worse places (to pass away) than at Church, a Gun Club, or on this forum.

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I have to agree with both of you. Well stated, hope some on here get the message. A few seem to stay angry, and jump at the chance to condemn, or belittle. Most of the time for no reason other than plain old arrogance. J.Woolsey

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Juno:

I used to be on here all the time especially about a year ago and futher back a few years.

If I had died back then it would probably had been in mid sentence on here.

Ok I hadn't fired a shot this year at all but sort of thinking of going to the grand to visit friend's and might decide to shoot an event to see if my gun works since I got it worked on at the last grand.

Ok back to the subject I don't know what you are talking about the innocent joke thing because I hadn't been on here much lately yuo can do a search of my user name to see im not lieing.

One thing which I know you already know since you have been around for a year and probably lurking before that well your skin has to be pretty thick sort of like below.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/people/?action=view&current=thickskin.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

If it crust's over then that means it is healing even though it look's gross!

Just a Tip from me to you.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/family%20photos/?action=view&current=fog-8.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foghorn220

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Jono, I'll agree with you up to a point, but there are a number of people here who, in order to further a technical belief, just make stuff up and so mislead the unwary. Whether it's patterns, recoil, or ATA members' averages, this "no standards" approach you seem to be advocating is poison to progress in what is, in the end, a technical and statistically-based sport.

Way, way too much slack is given to total nonsense here. There are facts; there are errors. Few here seem to care which is which, and the effect is to make us look not just gullible, but also intellectually lazy.

It's the way of America, the way of the world. Junk is sold as art; "A million Pieces" tops the Best-seller list when the first paragraph is obviously untrue, and right here on TS.com it's often no better.

I'm sure we all decry an educational system which (we are told - and even that may not be true) has no standards, yet we do worse here on TS.com. Where does that put us?

You may ask what's the difference? Lots of new shooters join the ATA and certainly many come here for advice. If what they get is no better than the bizarre guidance swirling around every gun club few will ever get good enough to stick with trapshooting over the long haul, and we need every we can get.

Neil

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is important to separate treasure from trash. It is sometimes more difficult to recognize which one is which after they are separated.

Pat Ireland

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Agreed Pat. There are a lot of old wife's tales on here and when they show up the knowledgeable set the records straight. This is a good place to knock out the misunderstandings about guns and shooting. Beliefs that are never stated on a public forum will remain gospel to those who so believe.

There is too much fun poking from time but it is usually in good nature. Sometimes people do get carried away but then again that is just people.

I enjoy a lot of the off topic post. Why not add a tab for off topic? We could move the jokes and political stuff there. Don't go there if you do not want to go there. Those who are easily offended can stay away form that section. The main section would be for trap only. You might also want to open a sales tab.

I would bet the trap tab would get the least activity of all when the off topic tabs and sales tabs were opened.

That is my 2 cents worth. It is usually sold at a discount for a penny.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

If you've never been wrong or made a mistake, "you ain't done much" either here or in life! My most humble opinion on individuals and groups in general. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content