1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by birdogs, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Recently I heard a prominent Congressional Democrat say the America should look like the rest of the world with a similar population distribution as existes in the world. For example, if 10% of the world's population is Egyptian, then America's population should be 10& Egyption. This idea was previously put forward by the late, unlamented Ted Kennedy. However, I cannot find anywhere in the pronouncements of our founders nor in any official US document or law where this concept is an established American principle. I certainly do not see any other country anywhere in the world that espouses or even flirts with such poppy cock.

I had a young fellow from England intern with me for a summer. At the end of the summer he had to return to England. He applied for a green card and was denied. It seems that we already had enough Englishmen and the Quota for that country waf filled. Since that quota was so small, he was told that he could enter a lottery for admittance but that was his only chance. This young man had put himself through university, graduating with an engineering degree, and had bought his own home in England but he was not wanted in America. Yet everyday that I walked to my office down Broadway I encountered dozens of street vendors recently arrived from Africa, selling bootleg knockoffs of branded merchandise. These people had NO skills and brought nothing of value that I could see to America.

I don't want to seem cruel but America is in crisis and needs eductaed and gifted people (immigrants and native-born), to power the nation out of this crisis and into a prosperous future. Yet the fools in Washington ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE insist on letting in poor Asians, Middle Easterers and Africans who can contribute little or nothing to extricating us from our present circumstances.

Their goals are noble but mis-timed. If America is to survive it needs to become the economic engine of the world once again. Otherwise it will be a formerly great nation. Remember that no country has ever fallen from a position of economic dominance and re-risen to that perch.

Now the argumant is what to do about illegal immigration? Fear not, our representatives in Congress and the fools in the current adminstration will craft a solution which will be to the nation's detriment, as long as it buys then the necessary votes to remain in power.
  2. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Saw this bumper sticker at The Gathering of Nations Pow Wow in Albuquerque last week. "You want to know about immigration, ask an Indian".
  3. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2007
    They haven't done any better a job than we are.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.”

- Henry Ford, founder – Ford Motor Corporation
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.