1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Imam: NYC Mosque site is not

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mette56, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

New York (AP) The Imam leading the effort to build an Islamic community center and Mosque near Ground Zero says there is a "misperception" that the proposed site is sacred ground.

Imam Feisal Rauf said Monday that the location where the center would be built, two blocks from the WTC, has a strip joint and betting parlors nearby. He says it's "absolutely disingenuous" to suggest that it is "hallowed ground".

He also says the location is important because it will serve as a platform where the voice of moderate Muslims can be amplified. Rauf made his remarks before the Council On Foreign Relations.

Rauf says the center will be a place for all faiths to come together. He says the world is watching what we do here and that it is important to "live up to our ideals".

Have at it boys and girls...

milt

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

SURE! Me being a Christian and following the ways of Christ, one of the first places I want to go is a Muslim Mosque...yeah right! Bet you wouldn't find a Muslim coming to my Presbyterian church either!

3. JTEA

JTEA Member

The Imam stated that the Mosque must now be built as it would send a global message to the radicals if it wasn't. It never ends. The Muslim whining in England has resulted in the Holocaust not being taught in schools since it offends Muslims. As though it didn't happen!? He is offering veiled threats and the media presents it as reasonable without challenging it. Donald Trump offered to buy the building for 125% of its purchase price this weekend. It was refused.

JT

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

UNLOADER...

That's the problem I have with Islam/Muslims. They refuse to clean up their own mess. I have no problem with peaceful Muslims and would die to protect their right to practice their beliefs here in the US. But they all seem to be asleep regarding their disgusting "other half". The war should not be between radical Islam and the free world...it should be between peaceful vs. radical Islam! Excuse the analogy but, to me, it's like going in to a public bathroom only to find that the joker that used it before you shi+ all over the toilet and did not clean up his own mess, but left the mess for others to deal with. My guess is that if Franklin Graham was trying to build a Christian church near any Muslim holy spot within many Islamic countries, he'd already be sleeping with Mr. Hoffa.

Respectfully (not easy to do...respecting Muslims...but I'm trying),

milt

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Moderate muslims? Would those be the ones that flew planes into the World Trade Center? Or, perhaps the ones that stormed our embassy in Teheran in 1979? Or, the cheering throngs photographed in every muslim country in the world when the WTC was destroyed? Maybe it's the ones who stand silently while their brethren commit atrocities worldwide? Could it be the ones that demand a host country submit to their heathen sharia law or, the ones carrying signs of "Butcher those who insult Islam"? Wake up people! Islam is a creeping cancer on the world.

Buz

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Yea, put this before the World Court. They will take care of everything. LOL

7. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

I hope the above links correctly - if not, maybe someone who is better with links will post. (Or you can go on you tube and type in "3 things about islam"). It does a better job than anything I have seen in pointing out 3 things that make islam different than any religion most of us can relate to and why it it will be a growing problem for the U.S.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Just watched "Three things about Islam" If we are going to defend our way of life then we need to understand Islamic intention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.