1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Imagine my Surprise

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JRW, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRW

JRW Member

Back on January 19th I agreed to buy a Mod 12 2 barrel trap gun. Sent the money to Ohio with FFL info. Left for AZ. (2 month stay) gun went to FFL no problems he kept it until I got back to MI. Wed. morning picked up gun, Thursday went with friends to shoot practice. Everyone drooled over the gun. Now at the line pull CLICK nothing then I released trigger KABOOM I found out I bought a release trigger gun. Wish the seller had mentioned it. Jerry

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Did you try moving the safty. That M 12 may have one of those Herb Orr triggers.

ec90t

3. JRW

JRW Member

Yes one of the other shooters did try that. It is a release only. Jerry

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Jerry :

I also have a pull trigger out of a new looking Y model 12 if you was wanting to trade of course Bif was the first to ask.

I used to have one before but sold it since I didn't shoot a release back then.

I knew you said last week end when you was shooting down here that you had bought a model 12 and hadn't ever saw it yet since you took off on the trip about the same time as buying it.

foghorn

5. JRW

JRW Member

Biff and Fog; Thanks for the offers. I am one who will probably just sell or trade it on something else. Jerry

6. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

jrw,

You can change it back to a pull very easy if you like the gun and still have the release parts to go with it.

ol 12

7. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

jrw,

Also forgot to mention, for what it's worth.

If you do elect to find a complete trigger assembly to use in the gun do not get rid of the original. The original housing is the ONLY one that fits the reciever properly. Each reciever and trigger housing was hand drawn with a file on the lower corners and finished as one unit. Being it was done by hand there are no 2 the same for fit. You can spot a wrong trigger housing a mile away and it knocks large numbers off the gun's worth.

Remove the release trigger and hammer group and replace it with a new one of each and your off to the club..

ol 12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.