1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm usually pretty patient but. . .Damn!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Onceabum, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I

I drove several miles(150) to a registered shoot at a small club (two traps) some years ago. Starting time was listed as 9:00AM. I noticed at 9:30 nothing was happening so I asked a local when the shoot might start. Here is what happened.

Local shooter: They’re waiting for Bob and Jack to arrive.
    Me: Who are Bob and Jack, do they run the shoot?

LS: No, just a couple of shooters who are usually a bit late getting here.

BOB AND JACK ARRIVED AT 9:50.

Me: Good, can we get started now?
    LS: Well, Bob and Jack will probably want to shoot a practice.

LS: Want to shoot a practice, Bob and Jack?
    Bob and Jack: Yeah, we do but we want to have coffee first.

SHOOT STARTED AT 10:35.

I had asked for an early squad, wanting to get home before night but was on squad five. . . the last squad. I could live with that, however, I was really pissed when I found out I was on the squad with Bob and Jack.

BB

2. 3357

3357 Member

Did this happen near Niles, Michigan?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Remind me never to shoot at a club where Bob and Jack shoot. I am not very patient and probably would have said something not favored by the Bob and Jack club. Sounds like a crock of sh*t to me.

4. skeezix

skeezix Member

Start the shoot without Bob and Jack. They'll either get pissed and not come back, or they will show up on time the next time. Either way, they will get the message. The message they get now is 'we'll start when you get here.'

john

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jack and Bob....was that their name or their condition??

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I was shooting on the golf side at the Southern Grand several years ago and found out I was in a four man squad. I would be shooting with my friend Hunter Galloway and we got to the bank a little early.

We scouted around and finally noticed a gentleman with a gun in the case as he was assembling it. It was a Beretta AL-391 and it looked like it was brand new.

He looked a little confused and being a Beretta shooter at one time I offered to help. He says in his French accent - dees eez dee first time I shoota dee trap.......

I took French in Catholic school so I sort of understood what he was saying. I offered to assemble his gun and make sure it was in working order. Little did I know that this fellow would be shooting beside me in the handicap.

Needless to say I was on post 1 - new guy on post 2 - Hunter on post 4 and another gent on post five.

I proceeded to start the squad and for those of you that don't like movement on adjacent posts this fellow was moving forward and backwards like he was headed to a long jump.

I shot and the new guy loaded his gun and walked from the 25 yd line to the 23 yard line mounted his gun and called pooooooowullllllll. He broke 42/100 and my tailgunner broke 52.

I broke a 94 that day and was just one away from the shootoffs. I was really nice to the fellow and it was a sticky note experience for sure...

I checked the shootata site before writing this and that was the only 100 this French fellow ever registered....

You just never know who you will have the pleasure shooting with!

FRedmon

7. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Freddy,

I had the same thing last year during the State shoot.. with a little twist. My guy was shooting his first registered shoot.. with a rented Beretta from the club. AND... AND... . he was standing on my left, with no shell catcher.

It was singles and I managed to save a good score for me.. True to what I have always believed and stated here on TS.com.. new shooters and auto shooters are welcome on my squad. After we were done shooting I told him he should be proud of how well he did and shook his hand. I did suggest he ask at the desk if they had a catcher for the second hundred.

8. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

So why didn't the club put you on squad 1, 2, 3, or 4?

9. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Booger -"I drove several miles(150) to a registered shoot at a small club (two traps) some years ago"

You are pretty patient. it took you a few years to even bitch about Jack and Bob! I would have been bitchen when it happened. - Huntinandhotrods

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Booger this happened years ago?????

Were they 3 hole targets?

11. Beni

Beni Member

Good thingit wasent kneel and bob !! beni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.