1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm severing ties with P/W

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Well, the straw finally broke the camel's back.

I've been on the computer for about 2 hours today and one last night, helping out a couple of P/W owners with problems that the factory did not help them with.

Then I get an email from a good ts.com person asking for a quote, so I quoted the requested pricing (I goofed on one price, but would have caught it). The guy then calls the factory to inquire about their new 50 cal reloader, and they said they'd "slide one through at the old pricing", not the new prices I received from P/W. Hard to compete with the factory undercutting my price.

My profit margin on a new Platinum is a tad over 13% - that's not good enough, especially when I throw in an after sale packet with items that costs me almost $20. I take a credit card and that's another $22 dollars to VISA.

Oh, and the one guy I spent about an hour with trying to help him out again this morning... factory tells him to stop using the hydraulic unit - it's causing the problem!

THEN, when I ask this guy where he bought the reloader from, he doesn't tell me, so I ask again in a second long instructional email. He tells me Precision Reloading and "Excuse me, I won't bother you again!" That pushed my button.

Hell, I thought he was a good customer of mine, Ronnie down in Atlanta. Atlanta Ronnie would have NEVER remarked like that. I did email the guy back with a piece of my mind (what's left of it) and told him he never once said "thanks" for any my help, schematics, etc.

I don't make enough to put up with this crap (probably should say carp, I'm the fish here).

I'll still be around to help out the nice guys with reloading problems.

God, I feel better already... Sorry for sounding off, but I needed to.

Whiz White (soon-to-be an "ex")<BR>
    P/W Distributor

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

sorry Whiz, you have always been helpful to me and everyone on here. Sh-- happens though and I don't blame you at all.

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Thanks for many interesting posts and for the help I've seen you provide to many. I trust you will sleep better with a little less horse manure in your world.

All the best

Bob

4. jabrlin

jabrlin TS Member

Whiz, I think you are the best thing that ever happened to PW & the help you have given free to whoever asked for was a tremendous asset for PW1 ;;
    JB Lindstrom

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Well Whiz, you're finally realizing there ain't enough profit in PW sales to justify the aggravation. Then they throw a few dogs at you and expect you to correct the problems at your expense. Time to move on!!

6. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Whiz, wish I did not fully understand. You have always gone above and beyond with your help, knowledge and support. I trust you will be available in the future if one of "good guys" run into a problem.

P/W is a classic company resting on its legacy. I think it is a terrific reloader, but I know you have shared a few tweaks that P/W should certainly do to make the unit even better. Why a company would not take that and run is beyond me.

I trust things will be better going forward for you......you deserve it.

7. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Who could blame you? That's just low-down.

I don't personally have a PW horror story, but I've heard plenty. I wonder where the problem lies, assuming it's not just an occasional slip by an employee?

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thank you so much for all your help and friendship! Time to take a trip to Argentina and go dove hunting. P/W factory should kiss your ---, but they won't and that is the exact problem. Enjoy retirement... Remember every day is a Saturday. Fred Berson

9. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I have had the best of luck with both PW and any support I required from the factory, which I admit has only been two phone calls. I bought my 800 Plus from you a few years ago via eBay, and I may have even bought the 28 ga toolhead from you also. Can't remember that far back. I love my reloader, and I'm not about to change brands. However, I'm also loyal to those who exhibit provide good customer service. That would you you, Whiz.

I don't blame you one bit for how you feel. You may choose to cease actively selling PW products, but I have the selfish hope that you'll maintain a so-so dealer relationship so that us loyal to you and our reloaders can choose to purchase our PW products from you rather than directly from the company. I, for one, will need a .410 toolhead in the next 6-12 month, and I would definitely prefer to give you my business.

10. whiz white

Thanks, guys. I do have to be honest as I was never really in this for the money, and I could be quoted many times saying exactly this.

To me it has always been about the sport, and I can be quoted in this regard as well.

Many of you know about contacting the factory. I sure don't have to reiterate about that.

Today, I just figured that I'd sat at the keyboard for about 3 hours last night and again this morning, was too much. Not the time, but when the factory tells a customer to quit using the hydraulic unit because it was breaking links, or another customer is getting convexed brass "because of the coating on the new primers" the bull### has flowed far enough up hill.

Quit using the hydro, and then don't use new primers???????? Come on, the sky isn't falling.

THEN, the Brian the factory head sells a reloader this morning to my customer 10 minutes later at the old price, when the factory sends me new pricing last week and has me sell that at $125 higher prices. Hell, they're making the big bucks and not wanting to pass them along. I can sell H-S Precision stuff all day long and make 2-3 times the profit.

I think their "Trickle-down Theory" has finally shorted out my "1000 Points of Light."

I just contacted Spolar for a new reloader from them as I think I have my shop's 800 Plus sold to a customer for $500. Heck, maybe if I wait a day or two I should be $100 more because it only has 3,000 reloads though it.

I *still* will be loyal to my customers of past and present... after all, it's the fraternity of the sport.

I have sent much of this on to P/W, but they rarely read or answer my emails.

Whiz

11. whiz white

I had 2 Private Emails, and accidentally deleted the first one, from a good friend/customer. Email me again. Damn, I'm too quite on the trigger... has always been my greatest fault.

I did get one from JF and anwered it, but dumped the other-sorry.

I'm heading to coffee at the restaurant here in a couple of minutes, but I will be following the responses here.

Thanks for the kind words. A kind word from the factory would have been nice once in a while too. But, hell "business-is-business", as in the move Fargo... Don'tja kno'!

Whiz

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Years ago I called PW for some parts for one of my old 800 B laoders and there reply was to use it as a boat anchor, no kidding! Well a few parts from Whiz and still working, A three digit serial number and who knows but maybe a million rounds thru it. They said the star gear loaders were a thing of the past, then they come back out with it!! The bunch at PW are sureley one Sandwhich short of a picnic! Thanks, Whiz. Jeff

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Whiz- Calm down, take a little time off and then make the decision that is best for you. You and my PW have been a great combination. If you have no objection, I plan to contact PW.

Pat Ireland

14. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Whiz......Check your PM......Dan

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Whiz, while Iam sure you realize that I have been a Mec man, I do want to commend you for the sincerity and gracious attitude that you have displayed here to PW customers and I admire you also for the ones that customers have told me about at clubs and soforth. If the company is willing to undercut a dealer and the frustration that you seem to be having with folks that didn't buy from you, then you are IMO making the correct decision. Again, thanks as you have helped many people that I know.

Now what are the chances that you will become a Mec dealer and maybe, just maybe Pats loyality will continue thus purchasing one??LOL

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Whiz, you have another PM.

Ed

17. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Whiz,
    Sorry to see you upset. It's not right for a company to undercut its dealers. I hope you don't mind when I ask for advice from time to time. I'm sure PW will come to refret this.
    Sonny Daniels

18. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Whiz,
    I have a MEC 9000H reloader. I have always been highly impressed with your willingness to help people out with their problems. You are one of the "Good Guys". It doesn't seem like there are many of them left. I am afraid your mistreatment is just a sign of the way lots of business's are run today.

Hang in there knowing you are in the right and they are wrong.

Jerry Walker

19. whiz white

I do sell Mec's at 10% over cost. Always have... especially to the guys here at the trap range.

I don't work on them, tho.

Now, if we (well, you) could just get Mec to resurrect the Automate for the P/W, that would be a good deal. I should have kept the one I got from Jim for doing the research and testing on the P/W unit. Could have sold it 10X over.

Whiz

20. alpine

alpine TS Member

Well I'm sorry to hear your having problems with PW. I bought two machines from you about 18 months ago. Since then I have remade a bunch of parts for the machines and have them working pretty well. Some of the steel parts I remade in SS or Ti.

I have looked at the machines and asked myself why they didn't improve this or that, but from what you say I guess they aren't looking for a better machine, just more profits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.