1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'M PROUD TO BE A Ts.COMMER

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mette56, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

There is a growing movement amongst us. Each day we see more dedicated threads (8 total), commitments, donations, challanges, auctions, prayers, encouragement and sympathy for the Larry Ranken family who lost their 11 year old child Matthew recently in a terrible accident. Having buried two of my three sons...this movement has had a tremendous healing effect on me...a God-Send. So I thought I'd share what a few notable people have said about....YOU :

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of others"___Charles Dickens

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give"___Winston Churchill

"Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water. It will make ripples throughout the entire pond"___Jessy Matteo

"There is a very real relationship, both quantitatively and qualitatively, between what you contribute and what you get out of this world"___Oscar Hammerstein II

"For it is in giving that we receive"___St Francis of Assisi

"It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving"___Mother Teresa

"What we spend , we lose. What we keep will be left to others. What we give to others in need will be ours forever"___David McGee

Yep, I'M PROUD TO BE A Ts.COMMER!!!

milt

Linn Creek, MO

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Milt, I'm proud to be a part of this group of good people. There are many in this group that in my opinion, make great role models.

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Milt---You're more than a commer---You're a keeper---I'm proud to be associated with you and hoot619(Ken U) who have helped me so much and to all the others that the list keeps growing---This is a tribute to Larry who is part of the tribute to TSs---We are more than 27 yd line when one of ours is in need---
    May God bless all----George@SJB

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Milt, a few monthes back i had a VERY bad Allergy in my eyes (Both) and almost Lost my sight. I "Panicked" and sold some of my guns in a hurry. Thanks to Dr.Tom Arvas(past ATA Pres) i received the RIGHT Medicine and am 95% recovered. My Point ---I received countless E-Mails-Phone calls and P.M's from Ts. Commers that ONLY know me from this site with their Prayers and KIND Words. I am TRULY Blessed to be a part of Ts.com ------ Joe Whitehurst Joe joe90t

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I tire of reading posts criticizing this site's participants for their rudeness and other things. Yes, we have a few who may not be completely housebroken but they are part of a vast minority and, as I have learned, typically go away when ignored. I do appreciate the complainers when they depart for a greener .com pasture but it's funny - the suckers usually come back, as evidenced in some recent threads.

I know of no other site where such a variety of knowledge exists and where topics not related to the site's intended one can be discussed without slaps on the keyboard and disciplinary points being assigned by moderators who are extremely impressed with their own importance.

I extend my thanks to all of you!

Ed

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Yes, we have a great group on here. I have made many friends here

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

TS.com is about more than shooting.

Many people with skills here, and a good place to get help with a problem.

We have electricians, carpenters, plumbers, mechanics, and all other walks of life. All share a common bond in trapshooting.

I personally feel good if I can save someone a few bucks to help them with a problem rather than calling in an expensive repairman. They can then spend that money on shooting.

When tragedies strike, as they will, there are some very broad shoulders here to lessen the pain a little. Just knowing someone cares is very important.

HM

8. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

And not to mention 99.99% as honest as the day is long. I have bought and sold, even traded numerous items on this site, gun related, and NOT!.. I for one have never experienced anything but honesty, and friendship form everyone I have dealt with!... I too am so glad that I found this site!... LARRYB

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

It is nice to put aside ones feelings to help a fellow shooter. While many of us have our own views, and political convictions, we must take a deep breath, and realize that there are people out there that need our help, thoughts and prayers. I hope what many of us have said and done on this site will bring some peace of mind. Charlie Henderson

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Me too. I've made some good friendships on this site.

Ron Burr

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

We all have a cross to carry----Some are just heavier---I have met many great friends on TSs----Larry is one--Thanks to all-----George

12. hoot619

hoot619 Member

It only right that we try to help others in time of need or sorrow. To
    top it off you get that good feeling . Showing them we care may lighten
    their burden. Ken U

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.