1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm out of the reloading business

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I

I've sold both my loaders a MEC Grabber and a Dillon SL 900 and I'm gonna shop for shells buyem and throw away the hulls no more stooping over scavanging for hulls waisting shot and powder and having misfires. I've loaded shells for years and I'm sick of it and I can't see where I've really saved any money

warren

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Best of luck in your new endeavors.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

its a hobby and done for the fun of it, hobby+fun= no saveing money
    For me I save about 10.00 per case reloading, that 10.00 goes for a few more rounds of trap.

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

And you feel you needed to tell EVERYONE this why? Don't know how you were reloading, but I haven't had a misfire in one of my reloads for quite some time now. Also, as maclellan says, it's a hobby, you do it because you enjoy it. It's your decision to not do it, and why we all needed to know, I don't understand...I reload because I enjoy it and because my reloads cost me about $20 a case, so I also save quite a bit of money. Josh

5. warren

warren Member

You don't sound very jolly to me

warren

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Jollytrapshooter

"It's your decision to not do it, and why we all needed to know, I don't understand...

Josh it's pretty simple. Misery loves company.

Bob Lawless

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

I thought I'd seen just about every screwy topic, but this takes the prize. I don't understand why this was posted either. I enjoy reloading as much as shooting, maybe more. I honestly think if reloading cost me more than new shells, I'd still do it. I simply enjoy it, a lot.

Bruce

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Listen to you guys. All you want to do is criticize someone for voicing an opinion on what they are doing.

What with many of you lately? Whatever happened to being friendly and helpful?

I don't thinks folks are getting enough fiber in their diets.

WW

9. ivanhoe

whiz white

"Listen to you guys. All you want to do is criticize someone for voicing an opinion on what they are doing."

Whiz those of us who are of a different opinion also have a right to state it. Aren't you criticizing us for having a different opinion? If so why is it OK for you?

The door swings both ways.

Bob Lawless

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Geez, Josh, who pissed in your Cheerios?

11. FLIP

FLIP Member

warren that's great! hope you fine all you want in new shells.(so what reloading supplies are you getting rid of,any primers? )

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I gave up on reloading many years ago and do not miss it one bit ... I never thought of it as a hobby but more like a chore so I could shoot the reloads the following week ... The time and effort of buying reloading supplies at a deal, then having to haul them, unload the truck, store them, reload into shells and do it all over again never seemed to be saving enough to where it was worth while ... Now I load a case (flat) or two when I go shooting and drop the emptys and never think about it till the next time ... My hobby was much the same as Warren and that was shooting not reloading ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

I just want to know where Jolly buys components if he loads for $20 a case.

14. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I too would like Jolly's sources. Even with reclaimed lead, I don't see how? With 22.90 lead I just bought a ton of, my 1 oz. loads roll through the calculator at 3.51 a box, or 35.10 a case. That includes tax, and I believe an accurate case price at today's high prices.

$20.00 would require cheap lead, powder back in the 60-70 range, and primers down in the $50.00 range I suspect. All for it, just let me know where.

I fall into "I like to reload" group, so savings are not even a factor. If I am lucky enough to shoot for 30 years, I might (probably not) break even. I just like throwing my reloads into the air.

15. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

"I just want to know where Jolly buys components if he loads for $20 a case."

Apparently he gets his components at "Dreamland".

Easystreet

16. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Bob: You ever got back and reread some of your responses to folks?

You don't seem to be the kindest or most helpful candle on the cake.

I could care less about your opinion(s) and it's funny you jumped on that aspect, versus being kinder.

Whiz

17. trapp2012

trapp2012 Member

Well have fun in the new shells business... I have not had a problem with Federal top guns, they are cheap and are consistent....

Nato...

18. ivanhoe

Whiz not that I am looking for an argument but you said to me.

"You ever got back and reread some of your responses to folks?

You don't seem to be the kindest or most helpful candle on the cake."

So the fellow comes in and make a series of statements about how he has stopped reloading not a question in his post. How would you have me in his case be "the kindest or most helpful candle on the cake."?

His statements are just his opinions he isn't asking for help or he is giving his opinion. If I give mine I am not kind. Well if that is the way you feel thats fine. It doesn't how ever change the fact that you didn't like it when he was criticized for giving his opinion.

Yet you turn right around and do the same thing to those that are also entitled to their own opinion. Good job Whiz.

BTW Jim I have said all I have to say if you don't think I should be saying what I am saying you know how to take care of it.

Bob Lawless

19. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

20. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Actually I find his comments germane. I've been debating whether to start reloading as a cost saving endeavor. He brings up some good points as do others who contributed to the thread First and foremost is the cost recovery aspect. Secondly the inconvenience factor. Also the consequences of making a mistake in the loading process and the ramifications.

So where others are quick to criticize - perhaps you should sit on your posts for a few minutes before you hit "send"

Strictly my opinion

Sam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.