1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm now in Kerrville,Texas

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ruck, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Hey, Mike!! I'm just down the road at the NSSA/NSCA hq in San Antonio.....

Ken Rucker

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Mike....there is a map link on my blog.....try it

Ken

3. Texas Crew'd

Texas Crew'd Member

Mike,

Enjoy Kerrville. I just left there this morning. HCSSC had 175 4-H kids shooting there this past weekend. International trap/skeet, American trap/skeet 5 stand and sporting clays. If you talk to Deb she can probably get a few Bunker shooters out there to join you.

Garry

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Mike, enjoy- Kerrville is a beautiful area. If you like to eat you are in heaven. Cowboy Steak House is a must. Then there are some pretty darned good barbeque places within miles

5. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Those 175 4-H kids shot close to 50,000 targets on 6 disciplines over 3 days. We were witness to many acts of sportsmanship that would make grownups cry. This is the most fun tournament we host during the year and the one I look forward to each and every year.

This year the wind was high, about 15-20mph gusting to 30. We had several straights in a few of the disciplines and some amazing shooting by all the kids.

Jack

6. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

MMMmmmmm - grilled beef brisket with molasses and ketchup.

As a very good friend of mine would say, that is some "Good Eats"

7. cubancigar2000

EE - next time in Texas, find a "Rudys" and then you will change your mind

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike..... You're as close to heaven as you can get in Kerrville. Absolutely a great place for a trapshooter to live! Another very nice place to visit, if you have the time, is Marble Falls. I think that entire area in Texas is as good as it gets anywhere in the US.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Enjoy your visit Mike - that's some pretty country. And being a southern boy I reckon you could do with some good chicken - try the chicken fried chicken at the restaurant down on the riverbank. can't recall the name of the place but the chicken was phenomenal. the locals will know it. say hi to miss ann for me (she'll remember the aussie dude from the spring match) and be sure to check out her sign in the mens room - that is a classic.

10. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

To P-big bore

Being a resident of San antonio and living just a 1/2 mile from Rudy's. I would say County Line is a little better.
    From Kerrville take I-10 into San Antonio and turn right at Loop 1604 and go around to Hwy-471 go right on 471 approx. 2 1/4 miles and the sign to NSC will be on the left.
    Oh yes the Club is open this Thursday as there is some league shooting and open trap shooting going on. starting about 2 pm until after dark.
    Look me up.
    Bob Roberts

11. cubancigar2000

been to County Line ( called State Line, El Paso) it was good but Rudy's is a better buy, way cheaper, better atmosphere. My opinion

12. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Cuban cigar
    County Line b-b-q is in San Antonio,. It is between Wurzbach and Huebner It hasw beeen there about 12 years. i eat there about every 2 weeks. Also they have another one down on the River Walk.
    Bob

13. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

It sounds like there needs to be a BBQ Shootoff between the 2 places. Maybe y'll could host Mike at each place and make a small "BBQ Shootoff Tourney".

Yep now that sounds like fun ...

14. lurker

lurker TS Member

Too many beaners, and too much heat/humidity. I'll pass. Let them have texass back.

15. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

Don't know what part of The Great State of Texas you guys are from, but down here in South Texas we don't put "molasses and ketchup" on our BBQ. A quick sear over a hot fire then hours of slooooooooooooooow smoking over low, indirect heat using a sop that DOES NOT include "molasses and ketchup". Gives it that beautiful smoke ring. Then wrap that brisket, or ribs, tight in heavy-duty foil and let it steam for a couple of hours over that same indirect heat. So tender you can cut it with a fork!!! If you want, you can put "BBQ Sauce" on it, but real BBQ places, like Kreutz (sp?) in Lockhart, Texas, don't even serve "BBQ Sauce". If meat is done correctly, any meat, all it requires is salt and pepper. If you want "molasses and ketchup", put it on bread 'cause it doesn't belong on meat!

Erol Tucker - The Bayrat
    PO'C. TX

16. lurker

lurker TS Member

If you are talking to me Jack, no, I really don't care for AB.Too many good cooks on foodtv that aren't "wierded out". That guys' voice grates on me. LOL

17. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Yeah I know EE. I'm one of those "yankees" you've refered to. Our propane grills are not BBQ'in. I think it sucks the flavor out of the meat. Charcoal or wood fire much better. Can't have an open fire, without a permit, in these parts. Dave T.

18. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Mike,

Wish I could visit with you. Unable to make it to the club today. Had to take 87yoa Mother for MRI.
    I live in Ingram and usually shoot 3 days a week. I am leaving in the morning for Abilene for Zone III shoot.

Take care and have a good time. Try EL VAlle rest. in Ingram. The best TexMex around.

David

19. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

What kind of a registered shoot? Jimmy Borum

20. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Real "Texas" bar-b-que ribs are hand rubbed with red chili powder mixed with other personal taste indigrediants and slooowwww cooked at low heat for several hours. Whoever fed EE meat with molasses and ketchup was not a real Texan. Jimmy Borum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.