1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm losing my job tomorrow

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BryanF, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BryanF

BryanF Active Member

I

According to Maxine Waters, 170,000,000,000(that is correct 170 million!) Americans will lose their jobs tomorrow. Now, with only 135 - 140 million Americans working, I am sure I will lose my job. If only I had voted democrat...
    Seeing that the sequestration is a cut to the increase, I am having a problem understanding her logic.

If we all lose our jobs, who will give me my unemployment and welfare checks?

Bryan

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

What's the point of having a job anyway? I heard starting tomorrow they wasn't going to be any food to eat or water to drink anyway, so why work?LOL

Life is going to end because government might have to do with less. I wonder if the Sun will even come up tomorrow?

3. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I know even us retired guys will have to stand in the soup line. WTF?

4. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bryan
    Welcome to the "new world". Things will be ok now--you will get "free" medical care--a free "smart phone"--free food stamps --a heating allowance--etc,etc. It's great buddy--the few remaing working smucks will have to work harder so that you can retain your pride while bass fishing every day.
    Absolutly unbelievable isn't it. I guess I'm like limbaugh , I am ashamed of my country--- I didn't leave it, it left me.
    regards
    Bob

5. psfive

psfive Member

I wonder if O would consider giving us free ammunition if we didn't take the free phone? Paul in GINebraska.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Its what happens when ALL you know how to do is open your email and get your "marching" orders(talking points) for the day from the local DNC chairman!!!

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

BryanF,

Too many zeros. 170,000,000 = 170 million. HMB

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I figured she only spoke in trillions, like her boss.

Bob Falfa

9. dhip

dhip Active Member

Personally,The country ought to REVOLT if any Congressman gets paid.Their pay should be stopped and all Federal Pensions stopped,until they get control of the situation.FIRE them all,REVOLT and march on WASHINTON and PHYSICASLLY throw them out and call for NEW ELECTIONS.

Doug H.

10. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Maxine, with all these problems, why did your commander & chief give the Syrian Rebels $60 million in aide??????

11. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

Government is a self feeding machine that needs to have it's food source cut off. I'm sorry for your job loss.

If our Government would only give MONEY to people who make an honest attempt to accomplish real work every day instead of those who sit on their A$$ and doing nothing.

STOP giving foreign aid to other countries. Give me the money and I will go visit those countries and spend the money. I get a vacation and they still get their dollars .... and they work for it!!

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I was really impressed seeing all the congressmen walk off the job early yesterday for an extended weekend. Here is my take on it. They are tired of the impossible and failed policies that the arrogant kenyan keeps pumping, and illegally going around the legislature to accomplish. Maybe they are going to step back and let the joker suffer the consequences of his own stupidity.

The balance of powers in the three branches was designed by the founding fathers to prevent an out of control executive from becoming a dictator. Impeachment was designed to be a tool to keep the executive in check. The fact that the legislature is not impeaching the executive, mean we have 535 people drawing huge pay and benefits and not doing their stinking jobs.

While I was typing this I just heard the anti American jester that occupies the White House say that "this is all because the Republicans will not do the right thing". As if he is actually capable of recognizing what the right thing is.

13. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like they are doing the RIGHT thing which the thing LEFT (or is that the LEFT thing) in the White House doesn't like. Most addicts don't like it when their addiction material is cut off. It doesn't matter if it is heroin, Crack, MJ or Spending. It looks like the Left thing in the White House is in the beginning of going cold turkey with his spending addiction. You know the addict always tries to duck responsibility and shift the blame on to someone else. This case is no different!

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I am so tired of that POS blaming the Republicans for the problems, he treats his job like it is a 4, now 8 year vacation

We would be better off if he did just make it a nonstop vacation

15. larryjk

larryjk Member

I used to go through these budget crises while working for a federal agency. The cuts mean the budget INCREASE will be less than asked for. We were always prepared for up to 10% less than we asked for and it never went that high. Obama is just trying to make the completely naive hate Republicans. It is too bad the general public doesn't understand those games and place the blame right at the door of the fellow who won't quit spending --- Obama. MQYBE HE OUGHT TO STAY IN Washington for a few weeks and let the engines on Air Force One cool off.

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Larry he couldn't do that, his adoring fans want to see him

He's a putz

17. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

Actually we can help the government in these trying times. In stead of homeland security buying 7000 "personal defense weapons" let the gun manufactures sell them to the citizens. Taxes are collected on the sales which go to the treasury. And as for the billion+ rounds of ammo put me down for at least 5000 , in fact I will even take one of those pdw's. This way the government not only saves, money they make some. And who said economics was hard to understand.

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Maybe he can visit with Al Sharpton and get some tips for ruining the country.

19. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

grunt, the hnic doesn't need to visit Sharpton, he ruining this country all by himself.

20. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

2% cut of the government budget that doesn't touch social security, medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, federal housing, doesn't put to much of a dent in the deficit. I say lets go for 20% across the entire board regardless of program!

We have spent too much and it is time to actually trim fat. The people have spoken, I see no reason not to cut 20% of federal agencies as a start to include DOD personnel, military, etc... We can not afford to be the 'worlds policeman' anymore...

Eliminate or severely reduce the Dept. of Education as a start, nothing going on there that individual states can not regulate. Plenty of other agencies if not a another department or two that can be completely eliminated!

The modern equivalent of $800.00 hammers is government contractors whether they pave roads or build houses on military installation, these contracts need to be severed or capped at what a comparable civilian job would cost.

No reason for heavy equipment operators and labor making $50.00 or more per hour on government contracts! What the hell is the overall cost of the project if the worker bees are making $50.00 or more an hour!

We have got to gut the federal government, if something needs to be built on a military installation or federal property, then have military personnel do it!

There is no reason civilian contractors need to be employed on a military installation or in federal buildings.

Federal DOT road projects, gone... eliminated.. let the states figure it out.

Foreign aid... gone, eliminated... no explanation needed...

Government student loans, again, touching on the dept. of education, gone, eliminated, a student needs a loan, go to a bank or the state dept. of education...

Federal medicare / Medicaid... gone... eliminated... Let individual states figure it out.

Social Security- Anyone born after 1995, well, sucks to be you, not only will you pay into social security, you will never collect, you will help pay off the debt of those before you. Those born after 1995 will have to figure out their retirement on their own.

We can easily reduce our deficit spending, we just need to tighten our belts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.