1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm here and I'm going to be ok

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by calilori, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

I

I've been getting a lot of emails checking up on me and I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers these last three months. For those who don't know, I lost my boyfriend 3 months ago. I don't want to go into details about his passing on an open forum because it was very personal to us, if you have questions you can contact me. I'm still pretty raw and in shock. I know I was posting about finding him a trapgun and then two weeks later he was gone. Thank you for worrying about me and keeping me in your prayers. I will eventually figure out how to go on by myself, in the meantime, you guys will never how much your support has meant.

For those of you who get a thrill out of being cruel, please don't, I don't think I'm strong enough to take it right now.

Thanks again,
    Lori

2. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

Cali,

I lost my husband a month ago and I feel for you. I will keep you in my prayers. Everyone tells me it will get better with time but right now I still can't see it getting better. Stay strong.

3. calilori

calilori TS Member

It is tough. I thought I'd be planning a wedding instead of a funeral. It sucks. Thanks for you kind words. I will keep you in prayers as well.

4. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

No death is easy. Not the ones we expect of the one inwhich we are truly shocked by.. But, I would like to think that they are in a much better place so that we can go on.... May you both be in you friends hearts .. Your fellow trap shooters. Good Luck and God Bless

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Lori, I am sorry to hear the loss of your loved one. I had no idea!!! You will be in our Prayers. Wendy & Jeff

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Lori and Model12Lady,

My condolences to you both at the loss of your men. The right words can never be at the tip of the tongue when needed, but I will give you this; over time the pain will subside, but the wonderful memories will last your lifetimes.

May the peace of the Lord find both of your hearts.

Jim

7. calilori

calilori TS Member

Thanks for the kind words. I had been meaning to check in before now, but I've been a coward. Thanks guys for the emails encouraging me to keep in touch. I will be ok as soon as I figure out what I want to do now.

8. TC

TC TS Member

Lori and Model12Lady, My sincere condolences to both of you. Tony

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Not a coward lori! That's called taking some "me" time and you are more then entitled. That kind of shock can cause people to question all that they believe in and have ever held dear. I wouldn't wish the pain you must be going through on an enemy. Take the time you need and do what your instincts tell you is right.
    I wish you the best and am very sorry for your sudden loss. Jeff Westlund Eugene, Oregon

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You're in my thoughts.

Bob Dodd

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Lori, it's good to see your posting here again but I do wish it was under different circumstances. You've been in my prayers since I found out about your sorrows earlier.

Model12Lady, I'm terribly sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one also. Just remember, all of us here are your friends and feel your pain. I am so sorry for both of you knowing the pain in your hearts.

Gene Hapney

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

God can help the with the healing. Ask him and believe.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Condolances to both of you ladies on your loss ... You will be kept in our prayers and thoughts ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Lori and Model12Lady,
    I lost my wife in December of 1994. She was 46 at the time. Our daughter

was only 13 at the time, so I couldn't even run away from home. We met

right after Viet Nam, she was a Lt in Navy Nurse Corps and I was a

Second Class Gunners Mate. Anyway, "OUR" daughter is now 28 and teaches

Advanced English to H.S. Seniors. I know her Mother is as proud as proud

can be. So how long will it take you to get over it? I wish I had a magic

answer for you but I don't. Took me a long time. But I'll guarantee you this--

"life" is a beautiful experience, every day is wonderful! So please do me

a favor--take advantage of every waking moment. Get out on the trap

field and shoot the best scores you ever have, or just do what you love

doing! I promise, you won't regret it! My prayers and thoughts are with

you.

Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA
    ATA Vet

PS: I'm 66 now and every now and then will look up at the sky and say--

"Hey LT., I love you!"

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Dan Thome would be a good one to talk with. He lost his wife last year. I've been through the sudden loss of a fiance before...it was a long time ago and I was just a kid. I want to tell you that you will get over it with time, but it was just recently that I didn't think about Kelly at least once a week. The sadness goes away, but the sense of loss takes a longer time unless you work at it. Be careful that you don't get clingy or overprotective of people, especially men.

Like I told you when it happened, take the love that you had with him and turn it into something positive and put your efforts into it. Honor him (and yourself) in that way. Our prayers are with you.

16. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Sorry to hear of your loss Lori.....

Guy Babin

17. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Lori I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I've been married 18 years and always wonder what I would do if I lost him. One day it will happen to one of us, and we will have to pick up the pieces and move on as best we can.

As long as you pick yourself up and continue living your life, you will heal a little each day. Grieve, of course, but don't stop living. Don't feel guilty for smiling or having little happy moments; he would not want you to feel guilty for happiness. He would want you to live your life to the fullest - that's the best way to do him honor.

Jennifer

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Best of luck and keep your head up girl. It's going to take time.

19. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Jennifer: You have a wonderuful way of saying just the right thing. Lori: our condolensences... Fred and Susan Berson

20. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I have made this statment often and will continue to do so.

Behind a good man is generally a better woman.At least it is for me.

Jim Zee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.