1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm doing another LADIES and KIDS clinic!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I'm doing another Ladies clinic this spring. I've also had great interest in doing a Kid's clinic! Every September my club sponsers a Family Fun Day. The whole family gets to shoot everything for free! Shotgun, pistol, rifle, muzzle loaders, archery. Last year I had 60 or so kids show up. We also had their parents. Although the family fun day is geared towards getting kids to join the jr. rifle program, it also generates interest in the other shooting sports. Last year was the best year for the MOM'S to try trap and skeet and join the club with their kids! Family participation is way up at the club and it's not unusual to see 5 women showing up to shoot a shotgun on a weekend day, while their child shoots jr. rifle. If anyone has any suggestions or "STUFF" to give away to the program, email me. Thanks! Yvonne

PS Over the past couple of years, I've given 8 vests, 2 jackets, a few shirts, 3 clip on hull bags, pouches, medals and patches to the women and kids. Phil Kiner sent me his DVD and I lend it to anyone that wants to learn about trap! Thank you all!

2. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Yvonne!! where are you located. Don't seem to say in your post. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Congrats! Great idea with your approval I will steal it and suggest it at our club. Mike

5. yvonne

I'm located in Massachusetts! We, at my club, do a great job instructing youth and ladies about the use of firearms and the fun they can have. It helps the women understand how guns can be fun....not the nasty things they've heard about them. They "allow" their sons and daughters to take up the sport of shooting and treat it like any other sport! It takes the fear of guns out of their minds and they learn how to respect firearms. I've never seen the kids or ladies I've taught in the newspaper - using a firearm to commit a crime or showing off to a peer. MOTHERS are the ones who usually choose the sport their children will participate in, they'll feel comfortable knowing their child is going to feel shooting is a sport....NOT a crime. If you want any information about our youth or ladies program, email me!

6. deckart

deckart TS Member

yvonne, Congrats for taking your time and DOING something important as this. You are making a difference. Good luck in the future. deckart

7. yvonne

AGAIN... Phil Kiner emailed me and is sending me his new DVD to show to the ladies attending the clinic. FREE!!!! (Phil did this the last time with his previous video) I feel, as strongly as him, that the eye dominance and cross firing is a BIG issue with women shooters. I actually have husbands, boyfriends, etc. telling their women shooters to open both eyes and NOT listen to me>>>>>>>>>>>>> Why the hell are they sending them to me to learn if they are going to sabotage the lesson?? I no longer allow the women to bring their SO to the lesson. When they show up.....SO goes home and picks them up 3 hours later! The women come shaking in their boots and afraid of guns....When they leave my clinic, they have the guns slung over their shoulders and are jumping up and down and asking for more. The men at my club donate all sorts of guns for me to use.....left handers are most appreciated.(You'd be surprised of how many women are left handed) They all donate ammo (12 and 20 ga) and the club gives me the targets free! I donate my time (last year there were over 15 women at the clinic over 2 days and I extended the time over the next month to improve their skills and introduce them to the sport and the "gun club atmosphere"
    You'd be surprised to learn how many women are intimidated to come to a club to shoot unless they knew a woman there! My student from last year beat me in the trap championship this year!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.