1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm anxious to see the new Brownings...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

I

especially the revised A5 and the B725. I'm also afraid I'll be getting the checkbook out for one or both!! The 725 really looks interesting with it's lighter barrels, low profile, but non Cynergy receiver, and the new mechanical triggers. It's suggested retail price is also lower than the current 625 by almost $800 bucks. But, the new A5 could be the real sleeper!

We'll see!!

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I hear ya. I'm chomping at the bit to see how they took half the manufacturing cost out of the venerable Auto-5, which sold well as originally designed for most of a century.

My checkbook stands ready to invest in modern day cheapness.

-Gary

3. philk

philk Member

The new A5, according to Browning, is recoil operated and other than the shape of the reciever shares shares nothing incommon with the old A5. Can`t imagine why they would even use the old name for it, it`s a completly different gun.

Must be going after the Benelli crowd as they already have a gas gun.

4. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

It doesn't really look the same.

5. Slugo

Slugo Member

thank goodness it has nothing to do with the old gun. A classic yes, but compared to the newer guns a large paperweight. I want the new one...

6. philk

philk Member

In the video on Brownings web sight they show it being fired, looks like it has a stationary barrel to. It will be interesting to compare it side by side to the Maxis.

7. Slugo

Slugo Member

the barrel doesn't move like the original A5. This is an inertia gun, just like a Benelli. Only, much better looking IMO...

8. dphillips8191

dphillips8191 Member

anyone heard when the 725 will be out for purchase?

9. open choke

open choke TS Member

November for the 725

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.