1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm a HOOSIER Again !

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blade819, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

After being gone for exactly 30 years, I have relocated back to my home state of Indiana. Although I'm from Michigan City and now in Fort Wayne...it is good to be back home! My trap shooting roots along with a lot of friends made are in the South and I'll miss all of them, but I'm looking forward to shooting in the Midwest and also being around some great hunting area. The only thing to dampen the whole move is that I'm going back to work after 4 1/2 years of retirement. Mistake?

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Blade, only you can know if it's a mistake on your part.

If you like what you're doing and are happy about it, then go for it.

You'll know when it's time to retire for good.

In the meantime.........Have fun! Whether it be work or play.

Hauxfan!

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

blade',

You have some good company up in that neck of the woods along with some pretty fair shooters. Glad to have you back in the land of the cream and crimson!

ec90t

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

where in Ft Wayne did you settle?? I moved away in 1990 but still miss it ( and my family tehre)

5. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

You are blessed to be back in Indiana. I long to be a Hoosier again, many fond memories. I shot for Indiana University's Trap and Skeet club/team.

6. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Blade, Hope you are a game shooter. The conservation club at Albion shoots each Thursday evening, 6:00 till 10:00. A number of shooters from Fort Wayne attend the shoots here. Games plus a 50 bird draw protection calcutta. Good atmosphere, good competition, with fair prices. They also shoot on the 2nd and 4th Sundays each month. It usually doesn't take a new shooter long to start feeling "at home" at this club. Find the Courthouse in Albion, turn west at the light, and you will find the club several miles out of town. Another club at Cherabusco shoots on Wednesday evenings. Hope to see you there. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

7. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Blade... glad to have you back. Did you pay your ITA re-immigration fee yet? Is not, go ahead and send the chcek down here to the opposite side of the state. I know, the Sec/Treas lives up in the Fort, but I take care of this for him. :)

Always happy to have a wayard Hoosier return home!

John

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Glad to have you back in the land of the, ahem...Gold and Black.

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Blade, Southwest Conservation Club on Bluffton road has trap and skeet shooting twice a month on Sundays. Hillside Shooting Sports outside Roanoke shoots the 2nd and 4th Sundays, and every Wednesday night. They both have web sites for more info. Albion is a great place to shoot on Thursday nights, and you've got open and ATA shoots at ST. Joe. Wayne

10. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Welcome home, your in a great area for all kinds of hunting.

-Bill Sanders, Crown Point,In

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

So you can go back home??

I dream of returning to my south Louisiana roots, but I wonder if it'd be like home still after all the decades away.

Hope it all works out Blade, I think there are many who are returning to the workforce. That must be hard.

I'm glad I still have 9 more years 'till I'm ready.

Guy Babin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.