1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm 10 weeks into NO SMOKING

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by charlevillecat, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlevillecat

charlevillecat TS Member

Good luck.I'am into my 50th year.

2. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

Hold on PBigBore. I'm pulling for you.

Keep us informed how you do.

Arnie

3. jdomas

jdomas Member

12 years and counting.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike....Good for you!!! I quit about 25 years ago after smoking 2+ packs a day for over 20 years. Definately one of the hardest things I ever had to do but well worth it in the long run. Don't give up....Dan

5. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Good luck.

I think that was some of TS.com posters problems the other day.

ON EDGE

Bo

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mike ... realize that at this point your body has no nicotine left in it and does not need nicotine any longer. The cravings you have are all in your head and from this point (actually from about the point of 9 or so weeks ago) it is all a mind game ... its you against your mind and at this point you are and you always will be stronger than that little voice in your head.

Congrats and it really is not that hard to ignore that little voice ... other voices it is hard to ignore but that little voice is an easy ass to kick.

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Congratulations!!!!

To me the first month was not so bad but the next few were more of a challenge. Going on 5+ years this time (Third). Still have cartons in the cabinet but no desire to touch them.Ray

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Well done.

Keep it up.

You have everything to gain (longer life) and nothing to lose (shorter life, and a lot less money slipping from your hands!)

I occasionally shoot with a guy who posts her under the name jdale who quit a couple of years ago. He was a heavy smoker, who often would have a cigarette in his left hand holding the gun when he was on the line shooting.

If he can do it, so can you.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Mike,

If you quit for 8 years at one time you already know the benefits and it just keeps on getting better the longer you stay off of the butts ... I quit in 1995 and do not miss them one bit but still find myself reaching for a cigarette from time to time, probably from habit and not based on desire ... Good Luck and keep on keeping on ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

April '96 for me, Mike. Not a heavy smoker, but did crave the menthol!! When the Dr. tells me that I'm probably terminal and won't make it, I WILL have SMOKES on the way home!!!!!!!!!!...LOL....Good Luck, and it does come and go (the craving)..merlyn........

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Good for you BigBore! Stay with it. People who smoke are killing themselves......I wonder if they are or are not aware? I don't smoke, but I AM into no sex for three days now! A record for me!

12. Questor

Questor TS Member

TitaniumCole:

You already have quit smoking. The problem is to not start up again. So if you ever ask yourself if it's about time for a smoke, just remind yourself that it is not because you don't smoke anymore.

I quit a couple of months before my first child was born and have not touched one since.

Congratulations! Just think of all the extra ammo you can buy now with the money you're saving.

13. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

Hipshot a new record for no sex what happened,Did you suddenly get married ?? That seems to turn a nympho into a nun in record time.

14. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Its just to cold up here in the far north to think about anything but fixing the outhouse! Dam Muskox!

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Stay quit and don't look back. As stated, you don't have any body urges any more.

And oral gratification can be achieved by more pleasant means.

And if you're too old to cut the mustard you can still lick the jar.

HM0

16. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I'm going on 8 years myself. That was nearly 35 pounds ago. I eat very little in comparison to what I used to eat before the by-pass. I've changed my diet and do work out regularly. I still crave a smoke on occation and wish I'd get my weight down more, but when I think of all the benefits it becomes a no brainer. Good luck.

Post-2

17. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mike,

You just need to be determined to quit. It took me years to make the decison to quit smoking. It took just a few minutes to stop. I took the last pack out of my pocket and put it up on a shelf with the remainder of a carton. Then I emptied and cleaned all of the ash trays and put them away. Never smoked another one since, even though I've weathered some personal events that could prompt others to start again. Ten weeks is a great start. When you get to a year, don't look back. I certainly hope you make it. We'll be pulling for you!

Carl

18. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

Congrats! Something I plan on doing soon, I am 18 and have been smoking for almost 8 years. Yeah, I know kids in 6th grade are supposed to be playing kickball or whatever, but me I was in the little creek tunnel having a cigarette.
    I have tried to quit several times. Lasted 9 days once, then fell apart when I got extremely angry at my girl friend who was making me quit. She was forwarned that I would be an ornary little prick for a couple weeks, she said something that completely ticked me off. So, I went outside to have a cigarette because I knew she would be really pissed, well that cigarette was the end of quitting, started right back up again.
    I am going to give quitting another shot. Starting midnight tonight I am going smoke free.

19. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Stick with it Mike. This year makes 30 years of no smoking or drinking for me. Good luck and will pray for you. Jackie B.

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

Jack ... no smoking and NO DRINKING? Good Gawd if you gave up sex back then you could have been a monk or are you Jack the TrapShooting Monk now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.