1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois to Help Felons Steal Guns FOID Card

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nameisjoe, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

You can't make these things up.

Illinois is going to tell the criminals where the guns are located....

See video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV8_L_S2Xb0

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Year-old news is old. And now irrelevant.

"Dec. 9, 2011 PEORIA —

Gun-rights advocates are doubly relieved with Peoria County Circuit Judge Michael Brandt's ruling that blocks the names of Illinois' 1.3 million gun-card holders from being released to the public.

Brandt's decision comes after Illinois legislators passed a law earlier this year barring access to the names of people who hold firearm owner's identification (FOID) cards from the public. ..."

ETA: "nameisjoe" posted a year-old youtube video in an effort to bash Illinois. After I posted the above, he quietly deleted his original post.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's obvious, though, that since criminals are being thwarted from purchasing guns due to background checks, liberal politicians are instead going to make it easier for them to steal guns.

4. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Thanks V10,
    Not surprising from nameisjoe. The law of averages says that in spite of being unable so far, eventually he will get something right if he keeps trying.

Chip Porter

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Did the brainless troll make a hit and run?

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Worse yet... felons are under no requirement to have a FOID and I believe can't be charged with not having a FOID as application and denial are self-incrimination...

...paraphrasing a higher court ruling on the matter that I recall reading sometime back... if I have it wrong, please correct me...

Jay

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I would be more concerned about the 15 or more foreign governments who have access to all firearm owners in the US who have registered firearms in their names. Belgium, England, Japan, and at least 10 banana republics have access for firearm tracing.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Correct. SCOTUS ruled that criminals have no obligation to register their unlawful firearms because that would be a violation of the Fifth Amendment rights. They can still be charged with unlawful possession, though, if discovered.

So if criminals do not have to register their guns, then why should law-abiding citizens?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.