1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by il shooter, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. il shooter

il shooter Member

How much MUD at the state shoot this year?

2. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

whats worse the mud? or the constant putrid smell of pig shit?

3. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Well, I'm sure if the pigs, cows, sheep and all the other farm animals had realized that the sensibilities of shooters would be offended, they would have taken a bath and held off with those other smells of nature until after the state shoot. It's farm country. We raise livestock in this part of Illinois. Livestock usually smell bad. Get used to it.

The mud, on the other hand, can be more of a challenge to deal with. Hopefully, most of the serious storms will be out of the area after today and the remainder of the week will be sunny, no wind and perfect for breaking targets.

Good luck all!

4. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

well the mud is made of shit forgot to say.

5. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Well,just down the road a piece is a place called Sparta..Paved parking lots..no mud, no farm animals, no pig shit smells. Maybe the ITA could consider this place for the state shoot.And we could shoot a few rounds of Sporting Clays ..Maybe some Skeet also.This year I have a 4-wheel drive vehicle..Won't need the tractor to leave the grounds..There is a presure washer in Litchfield to get the mud off your car so the people at the motel don't smell your car.

6. George Steffes

George Steffes TS Member

They call the aminal smell great country air.

7. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

After the rain today, the kids called and asked if I could bring the boat up this afternoon!!!!!!

8. Ljutic1964

Ljutic1964 Member

For crying out loud! If man could control the weather can you imagine what kind of shape this world would be in? The biggest issue at Brittany, or any other place that gets ALOT of rain in a short time is the people who don't know how to drive on soft ground. Grass will hold up for a long time if soft underneath but spinning tires and golf carts really mess it up fast! Park and walk if you are able. Facility will hold up much better

9. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

i go to shoot, grew up on a farm, mud or country smells, just part of being in the country, hellva lot rather have that than being up around chicago some place...

10. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

ill agree with that last one

11. il shooter

il shooter Member

I agree with palos shooter there is a much better place to have the state shoot . If i recall this is the 4th or 5th year that there has been rain and Mud at the state shoot . havent seen any inprovements like better roads or cammping sites . grass and lots of Mud. Sparta would be the right choice. lets see some of the pitures of the mud at the bunker hill .

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

il shooter. What you will find there are the folks that dual handedly pulled the ISTA's bacon out of the fire when we had no place to go. Show some appreciation.

13. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

thats old news who cares how they saved it, they got a nice place at sparta with paved roads grow up and use it

14. 3on8

3on8 Member

Whats next?? You guys are going to want to stop paying for the Illinois sticker on your ATA card? If we shot in Sparta, how could the Illinois ATA keep charging us for the state grounds???

15. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Mud?

Is that what that stuff is called?

I love negetive shooters, more of chance that I can win! There is no stink or mud only targets the size of trash can lids! And I am going to crush them!

Will be in on Friday morning going to shoot the rest of the program. I am really excited!

Ronbo

16. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Good luck shooters at Ill. State Shoot! Great club, great people.

Wish I was there, mud and all!

milt

17. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

It's concrete on the pads, that's all that matters!

18. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Anyone had any word on how the turn out is for the first few days?

Ronbo

19. John55

John55 Active Member

A friend was there yesterday to look around and have some work done on his gun. He said it wasn't as muddy as last year, but still plenty wet and stinky. Targets looked great and attendance seemed to be good. I'm going today so will report later.

20. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Wednesday when I registered I was in the mid 400s in shooter number. There were 80+ squads in handicap (for a Wednesday!) and they were almost all full. There wasn't any of that empty early squad business. It didn't rain, but there was plenty of UV. The mud wasn't as bad as last year (yet). It looks like today they may get a little rain. They were putting down rock yesterday but needed quite a bit. Overall, it was a good day to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.