1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois state shoot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Weather's suppose to be beautiful throughout the week. 5-10 mph winds from the southwest. Temps in the 90's with humidity getting higher toward Sunday. Only chance for rain late on Sunday.

So far the shoot is about the same size as last year with better attendance by vendors.

No reason to stay away. Come shoot with us.

2. Known Ability

Known Ability TS Member

Hey barry could you, would you post some scores. For those of us that can't make it.

thanks TAD HORTON

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I hope to get to the club NLT 3:30 PM today, if anyone is there what are the chances of me getting on a late handicap squad?

Ronbo

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I cannot mention names but the "Best Dressed Trapshooter" from northern Illinois will be there from Weds on ... Make sure when you see the "Best Dressed Trapshooter" you comment on how nice he looks, it'll make his day ... Good Luck to everyone ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I might meet the mark as Best Dressed Trap Shooter when I get to the club this afternoon. Look for me to be at the registration area around 3:30 ish.....

Ronbo

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Your coming straight from shooting skeet and will be wearing your pink skirt?

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

No pink shirt today, be in my shirtsleves and a tie. Will look like a lawyer who just walked out of court.

Ronbo

8. Westie

Westie Member

Are there many vendors there?

9. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

I have not been able to make it to this shoot for a couple of years now and miss shooting there. It is a very well run shoot, great sky background, and pleasant people to deal with. Hope to make it back next year. I won my first ATA trophy at this shoot some years ago. Nubs Wagner.

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Tad - I'll try.

Westie - A pretty good representation of both service and related sales co's there. Worth coming for shopping. If you want something specific, let me know and I'll look for you.

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

I would rather see you in a pink SKIRT than lookin like some lawyer ... I shoot lawyers but I dont shoot skeeters.

12. Westie

Westie Member

Thanks Barry. I was just curious to know if there would be high end guns there to look at.

13. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I did get some sideways looks, but the ladies in the Cashier booth thought I was quite dapper. I changed to casual shooting atire which for me is a Beretta Polo shirt/kaki shorts. Shot a 92 on Trap #1 lost 5 targets on post 5 like a dummy.

Ronbo

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dapper? Did you say dapper? The last time I heard ladies using that term was when they were trying to be nice to some guy who was trying to look all fancy schmancy but really looked like a ... well he looked dapper.

Ron ... do not worry about dropping the last 5 birds on post 5, I have seen that done many times by people trying to sandbag to protect there scorers. :))))

Just kidding ... really I'm just joking ... seriously I'm just trying to make fun of the situation ... unless of course ... well never mind ... I was just kidding. ;-)))

15. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Lumper

I missed 5 birds on post 5 in the first 2 1/2 boxes I figured out that my hold point was off a bit and I adjusted. Smoked the rest.

And by the way "Image is Everyting" and I might wear a Pink Polo for Sunday! Check me out I will be on Squad 5 Trap 5 Post 1.

Ronbo

16. BIGbill

BIGbill TS Member

My dad, Frank Payne, broke his best doubles score ever to win the A class doubles yesterday. A blazing 98 (which he reminded me that I've never done)which was enough to take home the money, trophy, and the glory.

Good shootin Dad.

I hope to make it down to visit friday after my job lets me out for the day. Hope everybody is putting up great scores, weather looks just right for shooting.

Bill Payne

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ron ... please write in bold letters ... "I SHOOT SKEET" on the back of that pink shirt on Sunday. ;-)))

BTW ... if you had dropped 6 targets on post 5 on that last round then I would have been far more serious about the whole sandbaggin joke thing. ;-)

18. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I do one better I wear a "All American Skeet Team" pin on the back of my hat for all to read.

Ronbo

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

A pin is to small for the spectators to read while they watch you bust 101 straight birds Ron.

20. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Lumper

The Pink Polo will be a dead give away!

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

illinois state trap shoot lauren mueller