1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

illinois state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shubble72, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

I just got back from brittany sp and dont get me wrong it is a nice place to shoot but im just wondering with the new shooting complex in sparta why the state shoot isnt there. It seems to me they would want to use the best facility they had and sparta could fit the bill theres plenty of room, plenty to do from shooting to fishing.
    Thanks

2. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Nothing wrong with Brittany. Plenty of room for the state shoot, targets are as good as Sparta, and closer to the biggest portion of the state. Why move???????????? Roger

3. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Sparta is fine, but a longer trip for the Northern zone shooters who make up a big part of our state shoot participation.

Back when the shoot was removed from Springfield the Mohr family stepped up, with some help from the ISTA and others, to constuct the Brittany facility so the shoot could be held. My opinion, as long as the Mohr family can provide the ISTA and the shooters with the great venue they currently have, it stays at Brittany.

Ron Cox Jr.

4. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

I'm sure the state shoot is a big deal to Brittany financially. Sparta will always be there no matter what. We need to keep supporting every gun club we can. Not counting Brittanys more centrally located in the state, the Mohr Family are good honest people with no DNR affiliation that I would hate to see be put in a situation if the state shoot were to be moved. Are shoots at Brittany always perfect? No But I don,t think putting all of eggs in Spartas basket is good either.

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I seem to remember hearing at the time Britt. opened and Springfield had to close that they had to guarantee a time length period for the state shoots to be held there. This is totally understandable considering the investment and if I'm not mistaken the Brit. ground is privately owned.

I shot there the first couple of years and campers etc. were given priority space as opposed to vehicle attendees. I gave up registered due to heart problems and hope things have worked out. No crticism intended.

6. il shooter

il shooter Member

great place to shoot .but they need to inprove ther camping sites. they are nothing but a big mud space . got to get pulled in toa asite and then get pulled out . seen abig pile of rock just setting there and not being used last year. some sites had concret pads but mud to back into next to pads. good targets and food .

7. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

The Mohr family deserves the thanks and respect of all Illinois trapshooters, ans their continual support as well. Every year, the Mohrs' improve the facitlity in some way and the facility at last years shoot was fabulous. All Pat traps down the line and one of the best set targets I have seen. Additionally, they run a nice tight shoot, with few delays. When they have had torrential rains, there was some issues with mud, but that is the only time. I believe the state association has extended the agreement with Brittany and it is well deserved. I would hate to see the state association have to pay Sparta to use the facility and get nothing out of it.
    Pat Haskins

8. MX10RS

MX10RS Member

You must have made quite an issue of it. Normally if you shoot from the wrong yardage you are disqualified from that event. Now if you disrupted the harmony of the shoot by whatever means, then you should be expelled. As you say rules are rules and being new is no excuse for not knowing them. Sorry you won't come back, it is one of the premier state shoots in the country. All officials know their stuff and the best targets next to Sparta you will see.

9. Frenchy

Frenchy Member

We can't move that shoot ol'Donny would have to wait till september for that
    jug of home made wine i don't think he could hold out that long !!!

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

what are the dates of Il St.shoot?

11. Don S

Don S Member

Illinois State Shoot

June 15 through June 21

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.