1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois State shoot...Mark Z

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Literalist, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Just talked to my usual "soft touch", Mark Zauhar. He's coming to the Illinois shoot and has promised me some fine Crown Royal Reserve if I come over...so I'm gonna try to make it.

Now, Mark has more money than the Vatican, so I'm sure what he meant was, "I'll treat you and everyone with you to as much Crown as you all want."

Damn big of you Mark. And to show I'm no mooch, I'll bring a bag of peanuts.

So...who wants to visit the Gay Pride Engineer with me each evening?

(ps: He usually has lots of great beer with him, too)

2. sm519

sm519 Member

Hey, Literalist! When you moved to Missouri you evidently got confused.
    Royal Crown is a cola. Crown Royal is an adult beverage, a man's beverage. Sorry you don't qualify.

3. m12superx1

m12superx1 Member

I'm gonna try to make it if I can get enough targets in. Just got back in after 20 years. It would be nice to go back and shoot, the last time I shot Illinois State was in 1986 as a junior out of St. Charles Sportsmans Club.

4. The Literalist

Yeah, SM, my mistake. In my haste, I mis-typed. I'll correct it. What Mark actually wrote was, "Crown Royal XR."

I'll fix the error. Thanks for catching it. I'm used to rot-gut stuff, you know, like "Bruno's Pretty Good Vodka" and "Phillips 12 week old whuskey."

5. tomr1

tomr1 Member

What are the minimum target requirements for the state shoot?

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Oh boy, the Lit is making another one of his threats again. Tell the local population near the Illinois shoot not to worry. Their sheep are safe. They can leave all their farm animals out to pasture, and their children can continue to catch the school bus near their driveways. The Lit frequently threatens to attend shoots and then backs out. He's the best shooter to not shoot in the history of the ATA. I doubt if you'll see him in Illinois any time soon. Besides, he's been in the Ozark Hills so long now that in addition to losing his teeth, his mind is likely gone along with the thing that the little blue pills are supposed to fix.

Sleep well residents of Illinois.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

tomr1,
    This link may help. Good luck.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Pride. Ou yo doin wid dem releses?

9. The Literalist

More vitriol from the Gay Pride Engineer. He's mad because he hasn't beaten me in any event for the last 4 years.

And what's this "release" stuff? Turning Wussy on us? Gun go boom boom and hurt da widdle shoulder?

Oh, have plenty of Crown on hand and I'll go easy on you shooting.

:)

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Denny Denny, you haven't even shot an event for five years!

Yes, I'm now shooting a release. It's going well. I figure it will help overcome a little finger and hand twitch I've developed in my old age. It was also a good reason to buy another Krieghoff. And in the event the Lit ever finds he way out of the Ozarks, breaks free from his buddies from "swamp people", quits reinacting the famous scene from "Deliverance" and shows at a trap shoot, I'll have a good excuse if he beats me.

11. T-bone 23

T-bone 23 Member

Hey Pride Engineer, Denny hsa been kicked out of two states already. 1st being Iowa,2nd being your fine state of Minnesota and now maybe Missouri.I don't know for sure. I know the sheep are pretty nervous and I have seen velcro gloves and mud boots in his truck. I sure wouldn't let him near your pups on the dog squad.

12. T-bone 23

T-bone 23 Member

13. Donm

Donm Active Member

Is that the new high end Crown? Where does he park?

14. The Literalist

Don, I'm not sure where Pride Engineer parks, but all you have to do is look for the most expensive motorhome on the grounds. Likely, parked there, too, is a fancy 4-wheeler, maybe his yellow Corvette, and Lord knows what else.

Look for a bird-legged guy in shorts with hiking boots...wearing a purple velvet robe. Nearby will be a gun rack with a half-dozen German guns.

May be a couple young, tan, husky fellows sitting around in lounge chairs, too. But don't worry the studs won't bother you. Just don't say anything bad about Richard Simmons, Ellen, or Liberace.

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Denny Denny, just to show how long it's been since you were at a shoot that I was at, the yellow Corvette was traded long ago for a red, Z06 Corvette, a 2007 model. Maybe you'd explain the "he hasn't beat me at an event for four years?" Could it be the dementia has progressed further than we thought?

16. T-bone 23

T-bone 23 Member

17. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I think Pride has "Too many Releases"

Mark. Is Glenn the one to talk to about a donation this year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.