1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois State Rifle Assoc. FOID Gap....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Luckyman, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I just want everyone to know that I have been diligent about getting the FOID(Firearm Owners Identification)gap addressed here in IL...I spoke to the Representative Office of Darlene Senger as well as Representative
    Connoley....The Gap I am referring to is when an individual does not have a physical FOID card in their possession due to either card expiration or loss and there is a way for a Law officer, Range Master, or Gun Shop owner can validate the person in question is in fact legal while their new card is being processed....This will go along way to protect the 2nd amendment rights of people who are waiting for a new card due to those circumstances.

I was then referred to the Illinois State Rifle Association and an individual named Richard Peterson....Richard stated this is going to be addressed this year and he is well aware of the problem....Let's see where this goes! I guess there will be updates about this on the Illinois State Rifle Association Web-site....Stay tuned!

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Attention Illinois Shooters and Sportsmen:

The Illinois Rifle Association (ISRA) has scheduled the 2010 Illinois Gun Owners Lobbying Day (IGOLD) for Wednesday, March 10th in Springfield.

The goal is to have about 10,000 Illinois shooters and sportsmen discussing firearm and shooting issues with each and every member of the General Assembly. Whether its FOID cards, concealed carry, or other issues, this is a great chance to show elected representatives how many of their constituents are interested enough to gather in one place and at one time to make their wishes known.

See ISRA.org/ for details.

sissy

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Lucky.. got to work on getting the names right...

Mike Connelly, rep for IL48 - shooting sportsman, pro 2nd Amendment
    Richard Pearson, Executive Director ISRA

If you want their respect, make sure you pronounce and spell their names correctly.

respectfully offered,

Jay

4. SCL

SCL Member

Also, join the ISRA. They are a greqt org. and your best friend in IL

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Now...Now....

I did not mispronounce Mr. Pearsons name but rather made a typo and I'm positive I didn't mispronounce Mr. Connelly name when I spoke to his office even though I may have misspelled it....Everyone got the point.....I'm still pursuing this while everyone else remains idle and I'm pretty sure I didn't lose their respect by the typos in this thread!

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Hey... how am I supposed to know that?! Just trying to be helpful...

Everyone likes to hear their name pronounced correctly and if you, by chance, wrote them (email or otherwise), just wanted you to present a good first impression - that's what buds are for!

Anyway, with a you being the bull in china shop, who wants to get in your way?! If you want to ride together for the IGOLD event, let me know - I'd drive or ride shotgun... we can tag team our reps and senators.

regards,

Jay

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Jay-

My fat finger typing technique coupled with haste sometimes can be a detriment to my messages on Trap Shooter threads...Usually when I am on here I am trying to type quickly and get on with my day...I appreciate the feedback and concern regardless...Now get the hell out of my way! LOL ;)

Sounds good on the tag team for IGOLD!

Luckyman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.