1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois Southern Zone Shoot Program Change

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Larry Chinski, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey Everyone:

It has been requested that the program be changed for the zone shoot on May 29th and 30th at the Rend Lake Shooting Complex. I had initially had Doubles and Handicap on Saturday followed by Singles on Sunday. The new program will be Singles on Saturday and Doubles and Handicap on Sunday.

Please help spread the word about this change if you know shooters that are planning to attend. Sorry if this has caused any travel issues to anyone.

Thanx guys...

Larry C

2. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey guys:

Click the above link for the new program.

Thanx again...

Larry C

3. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

I know that you can't please everybody and while I realize that unforseen things can come up, making a program change less than two weeks before the shoot date will inconvenience more than just a few shooters, I suspect. I was not going to be able to shoot on Sunday but had requested time off from work over three weeks ago in order to be able to shoot the original program on Saturday.

Sorry this decision was made but good luck with the shoot.

4. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Prairieviper - I agree 100%. This was not my decision and I hated to do it, but I did not have a choice. Believe me it is a large pain for me too as I had to re submit the program, modify everything on the computer system, and presquad.com as well.

If you can't make it come by anytime and your shooting is on me.

Thanx and once again sorry about this.

Larry C

5. beak111

beak111 TS Member

You still have the singles on Sunday and the handicap and doubles on Saturday you just changed the event numbers. This move this close to the shoot is probably a bad move. But you need to look at your program link again it is still according to the dates being shot the same way the only thing that has changed is the event #'s. Good luck I do not envy being you the next couple of days. You will have alot of people to get the word too with no way not to miss someone.

6. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Beak111 - you probably looked at it right before I made the changes. Refresh your browser and you should see the correct one. Thanx for the notification though.

Larry C

7. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Larry: Thank you for your reply and generous offer. I agree with beak111 that the decision put you in a bad position as well as making a lot of extra work for you. I am not alone when I say that I do appreciate all that you and others have done to help make the Rend Lake trap program successful again.

Keep up the good work and hopefully I will be able to make it for some of your shoots this year.

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Larry,

I have a few things going on that weekend, so I am unsure if I can make it. I do want to say what viper said, I appreciate the efforts you and others have done to put Rend Lake back on the map! It is a great club and one of my favorites! I just wish it wasn't 1 hour 45 minutes from me!

Matt Woodson

9. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

I understand Matt and thanx a lot. Just remember you always have a place to stay right there if you ever need it!

Larry C

10. happy

happy Member

hey Larry,flippin a coin with the weather as to come down or go to michigan. May come down early and fish then shoot then fish. or go north and just swim to the line everyday at great lakes grand. Find some fishin hot spota to bribe me down. Norm

11. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey Normie - Rend Lake itself has over 19,000 acres of pure fishing excellence! You'll be amazed at the high amounts of 7 lb bass caught there every day. Ok Ok may be exaggerating but it is a great lake and minutes from the complex. Depending on how long you stay I may go with you.

Wish I could go to the GLG as well but next year for sure.

Talk to ya later sir...

Larry C

12. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

So far the forecast for the GLG is looking pretty good. I'm sure it's a mistake and it will go back to "normal" by the time we get there.

Tue May 25 Sunny 83°/61° 0 %
    Wed May 26 Isolated T-Storms 81°/61° 30 %
    Thu May 27 Mostly Sunny 81°/62° 20 %
    Fri May 28 Sunny 78°/63° 0 %

13. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Thanx for trying to take shooters from me Scott - I appreciate that!

Larry C

14. happy

happy Member

Great weather forcast. And half price targets in michigan.

15. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Larry, I apologize for my northern zone friends. I don't know why anyone would promote an out of state shoot over an Illinois zone shoot on the SOUTHERN ZONE SHOOT THREAD. C,mon guys, very tacky. Harv.

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Larry, You've had a lot of rain and those grounds are prone to flooding. I'll bet you have a big clean-up job. Good luck! I sure hope we have good weather for the shoot.

I'm not surprised that those northern boys and girls are going to avoid us. We Southern boys and girls usually give most of them a good butt whippin' and they cry a lot. Just too much competition. See you there, Barry

17. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey Barry - Glad you are coming. It will be good to finally meet you in person.

Actually the grounds are in really good shape "now". We did have a water pipe burst on the far west end that the conservancy district finally fixed this week. It was ok though since we don't use those last two fields anyway. The pumps we put in on the other fields really help a lot, so we are hoping that holds and the weather doesn't open up on us next week. So far it looks good but that can always change!

As for the Northern boyz - most of them are good friends of mine and like to get me worked up. They all know what a calm, mellow, non passionate person I am so do whatever they can to change that...haha. All in fun though.

Make sure to introduce yourself when you get here.

Larry C

18. Jim Matt

Jim Matt TS Member

Barry,Not all northern zone boys are going to avoid you folks. I plan to attend this shoot.I have attended several southern zone shoots in the past.How many northern zone shoots have you been to? I'll take my but wippin without crying.At this point in my career it is a social event,not a competition.Looking forward to seeing all my sourthern zone friends.
    Jim Matteson

19. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Harv and Larry -

I certainly had no intention to "promote" out of state shoots on this thread. It was mostly a riff on Norm's comment about the bad weather year after year in Michigan, and the fact that a sunny forecast had to be wrong.

Now, if you want to start a discussion about shooting in the state of Illinois . . . I'm curious why none of the local clubs (like DG, Maywood, St. Charles) are throwing any targets prior the state shoot? Where am I supposed to get my targets?

Scott

20. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Barry Barry Barry...........don't paint us all with the same brush as your buddy BP.<br>
    <br>
    Scott, thats a darn good question. Our directors should watch for that at the meeting for picking dates. The only thing I see are some targets only before the state, other than McHenry.<br>
    <br>
    Larry, good luck with your shoot, I have out of state company staying until 6/1. Harv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.